Malicious “spirit/demon” in my place of residence.

Mendoza

Reaction score
I’ll cut to the chase,

Starting last August things took an upswing. Lots of flashes/glimpses in peripheral vision. Jetting “sparks” and other visual disurbances.

Increase in anger, depression, hopelessness type feelings. I wanted to keep that to myself so as to not influence my girlfriend who also lives here in any way or cause concern but about month or so ago she came to me unprompted and told me she was concerned because her feelings were falling into concerning areas. In the moment they’re not as obviously “out of line” as they are looking back later. I’ve talked with my gf and made her aware that she shouldn’t feed into these thoughts and how insecurities/vulnerabilities/doubt/guilt etc are used against a person. So we’re being completely open about our thoughts and feelings keeping a constant monitor on things.

Two or so months ago I believe I was attacked. I could hear a mumbled, muffled whisper in my right ear, was “struck” around three times as I was half awake/asleep. Primary times of this sort of thing are during that time when not quite awake, not quite asleep, right when you fade off enough to not be lucidly aware of yourself. My gf reports bad dreams. Right around that time I had a “sleep paralysis” episode (during which I wasn’t paralyzed), that is difficult to explain with limited words but culminated in a featureless black figure standing at the foot of our bed, looking at her. Again, I wasn’t paralyzed and was lucid. I reached for something I could use to attack it and fell out unconscious, snapped back to consciousness and it was gone. I’m calling that sleep paralysis even though I’ve had sleep paralysis and it wasn’t like this.

About a week ago I was laying late at night next to my gf sort of eyes closed drifting and when I opened my eyes I saw in the mirror across the room, it’s reflection of us, a round red/black spiderlike ball about 2 feet above my gf’s head moving upward. It faded out, it was a glimpse, a long one though, approx 1 second.

This all sounds like sleep/dream disturbances but it was very different in experience. I’ve spent years working on lucid dreaming so I’ve become reasonably aware of the different stages of coming in and out of sleep.

Lately when just drifting off I experience these brain zaps, real quick. I would equate it to pinching an engine’s fuel line really quick, just enough to make it briefly stutter. As best as I can guess, this thing is sucking my energy. Those are often accompanied by one of those light tracers, zinging off. It happens with differing frequency. It’s a lot like a fly or a gnat at a bbq, very annoying.

Cut to last night, for whatever reason I ran a voice memo app on my phone in silence while laying in bed and recorded 2min of silence. When playing it back I got a distinct laugh, and then a 2 syllable grumble I couldn’t understand.

I’ve played this for 3 people so far and none of them are questioning or doubting me. It’s not fuzzy, not a “could be” recording. It’s clear and distinct. It was recorded in total silence. I’m more than happy to upload it for you if we can figure out how to get an iphone voice memo file to upload here.

I’ve said the Lord’s prayer, prayed in general, spoke the Michael prayer, openly said that it is not welcome and now have 3 other people praying with me as of this morning. I’m on one hand wanting to see if I can get anymore recordings but on the other hand, this isn’t an open discussion, I want the thing gone now. I’m not looking for an apology, I’m looking for it to never be around again. I’ve made this clear and will continue to do so for as long as it takes to sink in.

So, you are caught up to speed for the most part. I’m open to any suggestions or similar experiences you may have had and how they played out. For the record I am a firm believer in Christ and His message and have been for about 2 1/2 decades now. I suspect that may be reason for why these sort of things are never shy around me, I have drawn a line in the sand and make it clear where I stand, therefore not neutral or undecided by any means.

I appreciate any help, thanks.

Last edited:
featureless black figure standing at the foot of our bed, looking at her.
I don't know the state of your relationship but I was visited twice by what they refer to as Hat Man at the beginning of two different relationships that ended up going horribly wrong.I really believe he came to warn me as I felt no bad energy from him.I was fully awake at both times.I think the shadow figure you saw may be unrelated to the other stuff.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Mornin, and welcome to the forum Mendoza. Hope we can help you out. I'm gonna have to reply to these issues in segments as that's a long post but for now, I see you're doing some of the right things, like keeping communication open with others in your home, and saying the lord's prayer and the Saint Michael prayer. Good on you. Did you know the original prayer to St. Michael is a 5 or so minute prayer? You can look it up online or listen to recordings of it on YouTube.

I'll be back with some more insight. Be safe.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Ozentity, if you don’t mind going a little deeper, what do you mean when you say “horribly wrong”? I’ve not heard of the hat man until you mentioned it but from the links I looked at it sounds close, (I estimated it around 6ft 5in. I’m 6” 1” and it was pretty intimidating) except it didn’t have a hat. It did have something on it’s head but they were more like dread “appendages”. I’ve been trying to type out a description but I just deleted it. I’m going to sketch out a picture of it when I get a minute and then just post that, it will do a better job.

There were also some events leading up to that I’ll type out too. Reading about the hat man jarred my memory of something. I decided to bring this up with my gf because since it was looking at her, I feel that means it involves her, so I wouldn’t feel right not mentioning it and as I expected it made her really uncomfortable, but she said “because it reminds me of the past” or something similar. When I asked when/what she meant she said “when I was 14”.

We were in the middle of a pretty odd convo and it progressed past that moment so I never went deeper into figuring out what she was talking about, and apparently pushed it out of my mind because I forgot about it until now but I’ll bring that up next chance I get. It’s been an odd couple of weeks recently.

Charleh, no I was unaware of that prayer as a whole. All I know of it was from reading what’s included in the link Debi posted. I’ll look it up and either commit it to memory or at least get it in written form.

Reactions: TaRena Furr
Ozentity, if you don’t mind going a little deeper, what do you mean when you say “horribly wrong”? I’ve not heard of the hat man until you mentioned it but from the links I looked at it sounds close, (I estimated it around 6ft 5in. I’m 6” 1” and it was pretty intimidating) except it didn’t have a hat. It did have something on it’s head but they were more like dread “appendages”. I’ve been trying to type out a description but I just deleted it. I’m going to sketch out a picture of it when I get a minute and then just post that, it will do a better job.
Both the ladies I was involved with had abusive family issues from childhood. and ended up dragging me down instead of me helping them.One of the women saw the hat man walk past at the same time as me, but both times he stared just at me like he was warning me away from them.Pretty intimidating looking character,big,like a 30's gangster with trenchcoat and hat.These happened ten years apart.I'd never heard of hatman until I joined here but he fits the description.Yeah, a scary looking dude but no evil or bad feeling to him.

Charleh, no I was unaware of that prayer as a whole. All I know of it was from reading what’s included in the link Debi posted. I’ll look it up and either commit it to memory or at least get it in written form.
Good luck, it's a good page or two

Ozentity, what I saw I didn’t get the feeling was human. The word that comes to mind is interdimensional. It was a human form but, it wasn’t like a mobster or anything. It’s behavior wasn’t threatening necessarily as I look back, the fear was in the air.

I spent last night in prayer and open conversation, finished cleaning house and since I’ve woken up things feel better. This isn’t anything that can be put on a scale or measured for court but things feel better. I feel like things are complete and “done”. It’s kind of odd. Do you guys know what I mean? I feel like it’s over now. I do feel a little gun shy to be honest, like maybe it’s a trick.

All of this is real hard to get across through an internet forum, there’s a lot going on that’s based in just hunch, feeling, gut instinct etc. but I think if there was ever a forum of people that will get what I’m trying to say it’s likely you guys so, there it is.

I’ll keep you guys up to date on if things revert back but there’s a real clear and clean feeling that is familiar.

Charleh, just depends on how hungry you are. :)

Oh hey, I still have the voice memo recording, I’ve made back ups in multiple spots incase one of the devices crashes or fails in some way. So if we can figure a way to convert it or host it somewhere I bet you guys would be interested in hearing it.

Oh hey, I still have the voice memo recording, I’ve made back ups in multiple spots incase one of the devices crashes or fails in some way. So if we can figure a way to convert it or host it somewhere I bet you guys would be interested in hearing it.
I know soundcloud is a decent place to host audio clips. You can post the link afterwards and I believe you can play it without redirecting to soundcloud. Also this forum can support directly uploading some audio file formats. I recommend you share the original, unedited audio, not a copy or backup.