Making the bed...

When we first married, the bed was a big problem. Mr. Garnet didn't like a bouncy box spring, I didn't mind one. He liked firm; (like Debi said, I thought maybe he could sleep on plywood, lol.) We tried a futon mattress and I woke in pain every day. So we tried a memory foam mattress; he couldn't stand it and I grew to dislike how it held heat. Mr. Garnet also was a blanket thief; he would roll over and take the covers with him. I like a head and foot board, he doesn't.

Finally he built us each a twin sized bed frame, and we placed the mattress of our choice on each. He has a firm futon mattress, and I have a semi firm one. I have a head and foot board, and he doesn't. The beds sit right next to each other, so it is like a queen sized bed. We use separate bedding, too. He likes to use his sleeping bag when it's cold, I like the weight of many blankets. Finally, we found a compromise!
Now that is how you make a great marriage ! Compromise and thinking out of the box. I love it!!!

I can sleep on almost anything but I do prefer a soft bed. I like as high of count sheets that are on sale lol. We have a king size bed because we have always had animals sleeping with us. The worst was the water bed days. I don’t know why we liked that darn thing. I was ever so glad to get of the ocean onto a real mattress. That was many years ago and I don’t miss it.

Reactions: Paulm and Duke