Making God gender nuetral

My knowledge base is too minuscule to even pretend to know how to translate the Bible whether it be in Greek, Latin, Martian, or whatever. I leave this to the scholars who are much more intelligent than I am. It seems the preponderance of the evidence to me is that God and Jesus are both male, and that is good enough for me. People with all types of agendas keep attacking only one religion in the world it seems - Christianity. If you attack any other religion, you are prejudiced and a xenophobic hate monger. You can't question any other religion, including Atheism which is a religion, without fear of being persecuted. However if you want to bash Christianity, values, or any form of conservatism, step right up. They took our Christmas trees and Merry Christmas. You can't even say Christmas decorations in schools for fear of being excoriated. They've taken our Ten Commandments out of public places, and our prayers. Now they want to take away literally all that is Holy - God's identity itself? No. It's time to say no to the liberals' destroying of everything that is virtuous and moral, and that includes taking away OUR God.

My knowledge base is too minuscule to even pretend to know how to translate the Bible whether it be in Greek, Latin, Martian, or whatever. I leave this to the scholars who are much more intelligent than I am. It seems the preponderance of the evidence to me is that God and Jesus are both male, and that is good enough for me. People with all types of agendas keep attacking only one religion in the world it seems - Christianity. If you attack any other religion, you are prejudiced and a xenophobic hate monger. You can't question any other religion, including Atheism which is a religion, without fear of being persecuted. However if you want to bash Christianity, values, or any form of conservatism, step right up. They took our Christmas trees and Merry Christmas. You can't even say Christmas decorations in schools for fear of being excoriated. They've taken our Ten Commandments out of public places, and our prayers. Now they want to take away literally all that is Holy - God's identity itself? No. It's time to say no to the liberals' destroying of everything that is virtuous and moral, and that includes taking away OUR God.
Clapping !!

This could be an apples and oranges comparison here...but in my (Islamic) books of prayer, which are all in Arabic, God is referred to as a male entity (grammatically speaking). So I would shun any similar idea/effort if anyone were to try to apply to Islamic religious scripture and can appreciate sympathise the sentiment of my Christian brethren feeling the same about their scriptures.

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh