Major problem with a Skinwalker Ranch book

tribute22

Reaction score
When I get interested in something I tend to read a lot about it. I have a major collection of Hunger Games books, for example, as well as several hundred books on Alice in Wonderland and Lewis Carroll.

So, with my interest in Skinwalker Ranch I decided to start reading a bunch of books about it. I got to one titled The Curse of Skinwalker Ranch. It was obvious the guy pretty much thinks the whole thing is not real but even before I got to his episode-by-episode analysis I got majorly put off by these types of things he is saying:

In relation to the purpose of the series, to 'increase tourism, elevate land prices in Unitah Basin.'

He refers to the 'unholy alliance between t he quasi-documentary maker and real estate interests.'

'Skinwalker Ranch is a non-urban myth.'

Those were unusual enough but then I got to a couple quotes that really bothered me a lot:

'The Cold War was a complete theatrical production.'

And when Travis talks about the moon landing it seems that the author of the book is referring to it as a hoax.

Finally, he uses this term" Covid scamdemic.'

Has anyone else read this book? (I stopped after the above quotes to write this question.) If you have read it, are you as puzzled as I am about what remarks he seems to be making about the Cold War, the moon landing and Covid? Or am I misunderstanding what he is saying?

Reactions: Paintman
Give me the author's name and I'll show you someone with an axe to grind while he makes money off a hot topic. Just remember as you read books on both sides of the aisle that many writers cherry pick bits of reports that have opinion only statements. Give me any paranormal topic and I will give you 3 authors on each h side with z
Opposing
Truths".
sorry..kindle having a bad night.

Thanks for replying. The book gets a whole lot worse as I read it. I'm working on a review that I'll put up on Goodreads. The guy really seems to hate Dr. Travis Taylor a whole lot. Just one example.

He says Travis Taylor has a 'large collection of paper certificates' and that they are an 'indication of stupidity rather than genuine scientific ability.'

Reactions: Paintman
Thanks for replying. The book gets a whole lot worse as I read it. I'm working on a review that I'll put up on Goodreads. The guy really seems to hate Dr. Travis Taylor a whole lot. Just one example.

He says Travis Taylor has a 'large collection of paper certificates' and that they are an 'indication of stupidity rather than genuine scientific ability.'
It would be helpful when you post about a book to include the author's name along with the title.

Reactions: Lynne
When I get interested in something I tend to read a lot about it. I have a major collection of Hunger Games books, for example, as well as several hundred books on Alice in Wonderland and Lewis Carroll.

So, with my interest in Skinwalker Ranch I decided to start reading a bunch of books about it. I got to one titled The Curse of Skinwalker Ranch. It was obvious the guy pretty much thinks the whole thing is not real but even before I got to his episode-by-episode analysis I got majorly put off by these types of things he is saying:

In relation to the purpose of the series, to 'increase tourism, elevate land prices in Unitah Basin.'

He refers to the 'unholy alliance between t he quasi-documentary maker and real estate interests.'

'Skinwalker Ranch is a non-urban myth.'

Those were unusual enough but then I got to a couple quotes that really bothered me a lot:

'The Cold War was a complete theatrical production.'

And when Travis talks about the moon landing it seems that the author of the book is referring to it as a hoax.

Finally, he uses this term" Covid scamdemic.'

Has anyone else read this book? (I stopped after the above quotes to write this question.) If you have read it, are you as puzzled as I am about what remarks he seems to be making about the Cold War, the moon landing and Covid? Or am I misunderstanding what he is saying?
There's always going to be two sides of every coin. One side puts out their opinions and the same with other. Definitely sounds like the author has a grievance that maybe with his book sales he can take a much needed Vegas holiday to visit another famous ranch ;) Sounds like they need it.

Have you read "Hunt for the Skinwalker", by Colm Kelleher, PHD and George Knap? It is excellent and both journalists are well respected and have long professional carriers.