Technology LSD and the Silicon Valley pros

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Silicon Valley professionals are taking LSD at work to increase productivity

An increasing number of twenty-somethings are reportedly 'micro-dosing' on psychedelic drugs - and they say it's making them better workers

LSD_3511045b.jpg

LSD has been described as 'a healthy alternative to Adderall' Photo: Alamy

Could taking LSD at work make your more productive?

It seems unlikely, but that’s apparently what some Silicon Valley professionals have been doing - and reporting great results.

According to Rolling Stone, a growing number of people are experimenting with "microdoses" of psychedelics to help them work.

A microdose of LSD is around 10-15 micrograms, approximately a tenth of a “normal” dose.

At that dosage, Rolling Stone describes the drug’s effects as “subperceptual”: " 'Enough, says Rick Doblin, founder and executive director of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, ‘to feel a little bit of energy lift, a little bit of insight, but not so much that you are tripping.’”

Reactions: Mokey
I don't see good things coming from this
Look at all of the things that have come out of the Bay Area in the past five years. Microdosing at work (closer to 5-10 micrograms, in my observation) has been a practice for perhaps ten years or so, with a gentlebeing's agreement in many places to not get completely off one's face while trying to get work done.

Reactions: Debi and Mokey
Look at all of the things that have come out of the Bay Area in the past five years. Microdosing at work (closer to 5-10 micrograms, in my observation) has been a practice for perhaps ten years or so, with a gentlebeing's agreement in many places to not get completely off one's face while trying to get work done.
I'm not implying they don't get more work done. I don't think it's wise to get that work done while becoming dependent on a substance. We don't know what long term damage this is causing. Is getting things done faster really worth it??

Reactions: Debi
Some companies don't look long term or even care what happens to employees long term. If productivity can be increased NOW and revenues increased NOW, then they are willing to accept non-conventional ways to achieve higher output. This is the bottom line mentality.

I'm not implying they don't get more work done. I don't think it's wise to get that work done while becoming dependent on a substance. We don't know what long term damage this is causing. Is getting things done faster really worth it??
We do, actually. There is a significant body of information pertaining to short and long-term use of LSD at many doses, from microdosing all the way up to theraputic dosing.

Is getting things done faster better? Good question. Is it better to work a 90 hour week to accomplish the same amount of work, and burn out inside of a year or two? Does it actually mean work gets done faster? Not necessarily; working smarter is functionally indistinguishable from working harder or faster.

Reactions: 7Critter