LOVE STORIES

Terri. She was about the best friend I ever had and flat-out gorgeous. Srewed that up.
I had a great female friend, a great person, supportive caring and absolutely beautiful looking. It was too much I had to ask her out. We dated for about a year. She was the worst girlfriend, cruel, aggressive and cheating. I really miss our pre love friendship because she was a great mate until we dated. I don't miss the romantic aspect though :eek: .

I really liked a girl and finally got the courage to ask her out, I was sure she really liked me but I was knocked back, :cry: . Being a guy you think I'd be used to that but it was devastating. At least I found out and the feelings for her instantly vanished, lol. I'm glad I found out or I'd still be pining over a lost cause. I may be shallow, lol.
Well, being a guy sometimes we just don't know when it's obvious, I think. But it's just as confusing to us as it probably is to them. This girl and I were in the church YG together, so, you know it's been a long while. She was a young adult crush for me. But I remember once when we would be carpooling people that lived within close proximity of each other to ride with the nearest person. She only lived about three or four blocks from me so, we were going to ride together.

I had the pen ready to write down my number and vice versa and a piece of paper, but she offered me her hand to write the number on - in front of everyone. With a smile on her face that I saw out of the corner of my eye. If I'd worked up the nerve and taken that step when I was younger, I'd asked her out myself if she didn't have a BF already.

Reactions: Debi and ozentity
I had a great female friend, a great person, supportive caring and absolutely beautiful looking. It was too much I had to ask her out. We dated for about a year. She was the worst girlfriend, cruel, aggressive and cheating. I really miss our pre love friendship because she was a great mate until we dated. I don't miss the romantic aspect though :eek: .
Well I think the Rolling Stones had something to say about that.

Reactions: Debi and ozentity
I often wonder what true love is, your first love may be just lust when you are young. The love for your kids may be a selfish feeling so your genes carry on. Your love for your mum or parent may be a survival technique, same reason for your love of a long term partner. There seems to be a selfish reason behind all these relationships we label "love". Or am I just being paranoid?
I love animals a great deal. More than people mostly (apart from my family). I can't see anything selfish in that. I bet there are lots of things you love where selfishness isn't involved if you really think about it.

Reactions: Benway
One thing I have liked this last year is skulking around in the shadows in a mask and hoody, looking like Iron Fist and View attachment 30694
not getting stopped by the police! If life gives you lemons, make them into a nice hat or something. I've never understood the hatred of wearing a mask. At least they were outside.
Sorry, none of this is about love at all! I should talk about romances past: stalkers, car crashes and other on-topic things!
I just started watching this series

Reactions: Benway
I just started watching this series
At the start I was yelling at the characters for insisting he wasn't him, but it picked up after that.
Remember to watch the Defenders mini-series after season one, since that wraps up the plot threads from it.
I love Mary in season two. I'm really sorry it got cancelled!

Reactions: Lynne
I met my wife at a local pub at the time. I had been drinking at the Miner's Arms for about a year and knew the owners, Dave and Sharon, really well and we got on like a house on fire. They even let me keep my motorbike in their garage, as I had nowhere secure to keep it and they were keen bikers, like myself at the time.

I was drinking in the pub one night and a young lady was seen walking past the backroom dividing 'window' and sticking her tongue out at, what I presumed at the time, me. This caught my attention and I plucked up the courage to chat with her. her name was Rebecca and she only turned out to be Sharon's and Dave's daughter!

We agreed to meet the next day and she came down with her son, John, who was 1 year old at the time. As I had forgotten that I had arranged to fit a car radio for my Landlord (and best buddy!) that day, I spent the day (unintentionally) ignoring her as I had my head wrapped in speaker and auto cabling, and cussing occasionally. But she never left and stayed with me until I had done.

Anyway, that was in 2005. Harry joined us in the world in 2008. We got married in 2013, just before sadly losing Sharon to cancer. Now in 2021, we are still together, going strong and trying to get rid of the kids........ :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Met my hubs on Halloween of '75. My mom signed me up for a "computer dating service" which back then was probably 2 guys in a back room matching up index cards of info...lol Turns out that his ex had the same name as me, and when he got the "match" phone number he called it thinking it was his ex. trying to harass him. We drove the IRS nuts first tax filing.

He proposed on the first date. Seems the movie The Exorcist and me explaining about how that was real sent him head over heals in love for some odd reason. I, being a more careful person, refused on first proposal. Several dates later and I said yes (he claims just so I could shut him up about it..lol) We married on Valentines Day in '76, a mere 3 1/2 months after meeting.

BLINK...and here we are 45 years, 3 kids, a bonus kid, grandkids, 26 dogs and 4 cats later. People used to call us a true Dharma and Gregg couple, if you remember that old show. He's Mr. Proper. I'm the hippie chick who never pays attention to "proper". We are so opposite that even our kids ask "How did that last?" There is no big secret, imo. It was simply not throwing away someone I promised to keep and working around and through the many barriers and problems that came along with this crazy match up.

And learning to live in Dodge City.... ;)
That is Beautiful Debi! Happy Belated Anniversary. There is no doubt you’ll both be celebrating many many more. ❤️

I love animals a great deal. More than people mostly (apart from my family). I can't see anything selfish in that. I bet there are lots of things you love where selfishness isn't involved if you really think about it.
Even love for our pets may have a selfish reason as they make us feel comforted. I can't think of anything that isn't based on our own gratification that we label love.