LOVE STORIES

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

THERE ARE MANY KIND OF LOVE STORIES. THERE'S THE ONE I'M CELEBRATING WITH 45 YEARS OF MARRIAGE THIS WEEKEND. THERE'S OTHERS THAT CELEBRATE FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOUR PET, YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN, OR A BEST FRIEND.
LOVE COMES IN MANY FORMS AND THIS WEEKEND WE CELEBRATE THEM ALL!

SHARE YOUR LOVE STORIES!
HOW DID YOU MEET, WHERE DID YOU MEET?

SAY IT WITH LOVE THIS WEEKEND.

Reactions: ozentity
Met my hubs on Halloween of '75. My mom signed me up for a "computer dating service" which back then was probably 2 guys in a back room matching up index cards of info...lol Turns out that his ex had the same name as me, and when he got the "match" phone number he called it thinking it was his ex. trying to harass him. We drove the IRS nuts first tax filing.

He proposed on the first date. Seems the movie The Exorcist and me explaining about how that was real sent him head over heals in love for some odd reason. I, being a more careful person, refused on first proposal. Several dates later and I said yes (he claims just so I could shut him up about it..lol) We married on Valentines Day in '76, a mere 3 1/2 months after meeting.

BLINK...and here we are 45 years, 3 kids, a bonus kid, grandkids, 26 dogs and 4 cats later. People used to call us a true Dharma and Gregg couple, if you remember that old show. He's Mr. Proper. I'm the hippie chick who never pays attention to "proper". We are so opposite that even our kids ask "How did that last?" There is no big secret, imo. It was simply not throwing away someone I promised to keep and working around and through the many barriers and problems that came along with this crazy match up.

And learning to live in Dodge City.... ;)

Another type of love story....how I learned to love my mom. You've all heard the stories by now about her. She was an unusual woman, and many times we just wanted to proverbially strangle her...lol When I truly learned to love my mom was the last two months of her life. When we learned she was terminal, I moved in with her to take care of her. And that's when I learned so very much. I asked a lot of questions about her life and suddenly the 4 closets of clothes made sense, the need for control became clear, and I "saw" my mom as not my mom but a fellow human being and soul. She just happened to be my mother. In those last two months I learned a new level of love.

I had a similar thing happen with my mom too, Debi. We were both stubborn Capricorns, so we were always locking horns. At one point I quit communicating with her, feeling that my wounds were too great for reconciliation. But when she became terminal with cancer, I was able to read her one of my stories, and to take turn sitting with her ( nearly all 8 of my siblings were there too.) I was also able to forgive her for so much, simply having become a mother myself, to a problem child. And I realized how short life can be, and how I regretted not spending more time forgiving than holding grudges. I had a very healing dream after her passing, that tied up lose ends and let me know how truly she had loved her children.

I had a similar thing happen with my mom too, Debi. We were both stubborn Capricorns, so we were always locking horns. At one point I quit communicating with her, feeling that my wounds were too great for reconciliation. But when she became terminal with cancer, I was able to read her one of my stories, and to take turn sitting with her ( nearly all 8 of my siblings were there too.) I was also able to forgive her for so much, simply having become a mother myself, to a problem child. And I realized how short life can be, and how I regretted not spending more time forgiving than holding grudges. I had a very healing dream after her passing, that tied up lose ends and let me know how truly she had loved her children.
I'm so glad you were able to find the love there. I always loved my mom but didn't understand her actions. Once I knew the full story, I had a whole new look at a woman who I sometimes see peaking out around my own edges and actions. ;)

I think that in some cases the dreams we have about deceased loved ones often bring closure no matter the nature of the overall relationship we may have had with them.