Loud cemetary

Jaidea

Reaction score
As a child (probably between 8-11ish) I had an experience where I was in the car with my grandparents, we were going to a buffet but they unexpectedly pulled into our local cemetery first. Grandma wanted to place these plastic swan flower pots that she had been growing flowers in at her mother's grave. I was nervous and felt very uneasy as soon as the car drove past the gates, we soon stopped and they asked if I wanted to go with them and I elected to stay in the car. As soon as they opened the doors I heard voices but not with my ears, they were in my head, and there were LOTS of them - all speaking at once. Grandma and Grandpa walked away from the gravel road where I was sat in the car and I undid my seatbelt so I could curl up in a ball and cover my ears (as if that would help). The voices were like chatter, some whispering, some talking, no yelling but I couldn't understand any one of them as it was way too much and I was out of my mind terrified and paralyzed.
It seems like the imagination of a child but it's so real to me and even at the age of 30 now it's so vivid. I've had a few strange experiences since then that I'll likely share but right now I'm hoping someone else has experienced this or knows what it means.

Reactions: 7Critter
Welcome to the PNF Jaidea.

Please feel free and safe postings your experiences here. The Crew here makes every effort to listen, learn, understand, and share in a meaningful way.

Though I don’t have enough personal experiences with spirit communications to be of much help to you in this specific instance, others will visit here throughout the next few days who can contribute.

Please don’t be surprised that some of us will ask you questions with the intent of gaining a better understanding of what you experienced.

Welcome again.

Reactions: Lynne
Hi Jaidea and welcome.

It sure sounds like you were getting spirit communication. Sometimes children are very open and can expierence this. Do you think that you may have the gift ? Have you expierenced this at other times through life? Sometimes this runs in families , anyone else have similar expierences? If nothing negative occurred and this was an isolated event, perhaps it was just one of those unexplainable happenings. Every once in a while something can occur that we just have no answer for.

Welcome to the forum, Jaidea.

So since you said it wasn’t audible (as if you heard it in your surroundings) but in your head, I’m sure it seemed “different” from regular mental chatter. How would you differentiate these inner voices from typical mental chatter?

It helps if we clarify things as much as we can before making too many assumptions. Just so you know I’m not being critical here :)

It’s actually more common than you think to be sensitive to supernatural phenomena as a child. I was (and still am) sensitive and so is my 2.5 y/o son.

As a child (probably between 8-11ish) I had an experience where I was in the car with my grandparents, we were going to a buffet but they unexpectedly pulled into our local cemetery first. Grandma wanted to place these plastic swan flower pots that she had been growing flowers in at her mother's grave. I was nervous and felt very uneasy as soon as the car drove past the gates, we soon stopped and they asked if I wanted to go with them and I elected to stay in the car. As soon as they opened the doors I heard voices but not with my ears, they were in my head, and there were LOTS of them - all speaking at once. Grandma and Grandpa walked away from the gravel road where I was sat in the car and I undid my seatbelt so I could curl up in a ball and cover my ears (as if that would help). The voices were like chatter, some whispering, some talking, no yelling but I couldn't understand any one of them as it was way too much and I was out of my mind terrified and paralyzed.
It seems like the imagination of a child but it's so real to me and even at the age of 30 now it's so vivid. I've had a few strange experiences since then that I'll likely share but right now I'm hoping someone else has experienced this or knows what it means.
Hi Jaidea.......very interesting how you describe it. Upon investigations of a few homes, on a handful of occasions I have recorded evps of what we have come to call "ghost chatter". It always comes through as one or multiple voices either speaking one at a time almost in a conversation or like overlapping voices. Most of the time they seem faint and almost whisper like. Most of the time you can't understand what is being said but they are definitely voices. A few times (upon playback) the "ghost chatter" can even be heard under the voices of the investigators in the room.