Losing track of gene modified people

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
https://gizmodo.com/report-scientis...bZYB5ZqWx-ItRKMUlX7nU5FRvXKNFLZOcSd2w49wKPuJc

Gene therapies are very much at their preliminary stages of development, so it would make sense to keep tabs on patients whose DNA has been modified via the innovative CRISPR technique. For some scientists in China, however, this is apparently not a priority.

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that an undisclosed number of Chinese cancer patients who have undergone experimental gene therapies aren’t being properly tracked as would be expected. In these cases, the patients had their genes modified with the CRISPR-Cas9 gene-editing tool in an effort to treat their cancer. The scientists in charge of at least one trial failed to maintain ties with their patients afterwards and conduct follow-up examinations, according to the WSJ.

Indeed, follow-ups are extra critical for patients undergoing gene therapies. Changes to DNA can trigger unintended consequences known as knock-off effects. Unexpected health problems stemming from gene modifications, such as autoimmune disorders, could appear later in life.

Full scary story at site

Once DNA is modified, this can be passed down the line genetically. And we've already lost track of it. Essentially, we've begun to change humanity with unknown consequences to follow.

Once DNA is modified, this can be passed down the line genetically. And we've already lost track of it. Essentially, we've begun to change humanity with unknown consequences to follow.
Are you saying that gene modified people can’t have kids? Damn :(

Especially with those garage CRISPR people. I saw a documentary where this guy recreationally changes his genes with CRISPR.

Around 8 minutes they start talking about the guy selling CRISPR kits and encouraging people to edit their genes while drunk.

Last edited:
It might sound bad but you have to die of something to make way for the next generations.So they modify you to live till 150,well there's not enough room for us living till 80.Thats the worst aspect of it imo.

Have you heard about the forced organ stealing going on there? It’s supposidely been going on for 17 years. They get an order from a rich buyer and they look up a match and go get the person. I believe it’s from their criminal population but you don’t have to do much to get in that pool. The horror is that they take them while the patient is alive and awake. No anastetic. They are billed as the healthiest organs available ! MITD did a show on this. Terrifying !

Reactions: ozentity
Have you heard about the forced organ stealing going on there? It’s supposidely been going on for 17 years. They get an order from a rich buyer and they look up a match and go get the person. I believe it’s from their criminal population but you don’t have to do much to get in that pool. The horror is that they take them while the patient is alive and awake. No anastetic. They are billed as the healthiest organs available ! MITD did a show on this. Terrifying !
Its like a horror movie,I've heard they were targeting some religious group that are health conscious therefore better organs.It makes me wonder about their compassion for people,they' ve proven they have little for animals.

Reactions: Debi
Its like a horror movie,I've heard they were targeting some religious group that are health conscious therefore better organs.It makes me wonder about their compassion for people,they' ve proven they have little for animals.
They’re only concern is to make money. There is no humanity in a place that does such things.

Reactions: ozentity