Looking for your thoughts and opinions on my experiences

Jc010

Reaction score
Hello, I have been looking for somewhere to post this and was happy to come across your site which seems a lot more active that places I posted previously.

My wife and I moved into our house about 6 years ago and I would love people’s opinions on events that I have witnessed. I have experienced occasional odd events, but it all seemed to stop in June 2020 when I captured an image from my son’s baby camera. After that event I did not experience anything that could not be explained until last night which prompted me to share my experiences for your thoughts/opinions.

Main events that I could not explain:

One night my wife asked me to make her tea with honey, after looking I told my wife we did not have any honey. I next morning while I was alone getting ready for work, I hear what sounded like a pen drop in the kitchen. When I finally went into the kitchen, I found one of those long thin plastic packets of honey in the center of the kitchen floor.

Another experience was early in the morning and I was upstairs. Our downstairs has a garage door, patio doors which were both locked and a door in between our foyer and laundry room which is typically kept open. I started to hear what sound I eventually figured out was this door trying to close where you hear the metal door knob make contact with the metal plate on the wall. Imagine you are trying to slam a door shut, but you don’t shut it hard enough and it never closes and you keep trying and just hear that clicking/banging sound. I pretty much froze and was convinced someone could be in the house. I went to get a golf club and eventually made my way downstairs where I found that door shut, all other doors locked. No sign of an animal and I am pretty sure a mouse would not be able to create what happened over the course of several minutes.

Other basic events have happened such as pictures falling off the wall (ones that need to be lifted up and over to remove it from the wall). I’ll occasionally have random smells when walking into a room (not very often, but worth noting).

The final event worth discussing is when I pulled up my son’s baby camera from my phone and the image was essentially frozen and the image below is what I saw. I am aware of signal issues that could happen, but nobody was in the room at the time and this has never happened again. To me it looks like a picture frame of a man looking down into the crib. Pictures are below. Normal view and view when this happened.

As mentioned, this occurred in June 2020 and nothing else has happened until last night when I was sitting on the couch and I heard the sound of the window behind me either trying to me shut/handle tightened or open/handle loosened. I guess there could be an explanation, but I tried to recreate this and was unable to get the window to make the sounds on its own without me twisting the handle to either tighten or loosen. Then this morning when I woke up, I smelled what seemed to be a burning candle in my kitchen. We don’t use or have any candles in the kitchen or elsewhere in the house.

Curious everyone’s thoughts on the image captured along with any other comments you have. Any theories/explanations on why activity would be frequent, stop for a very long period of time, then resume? Time will tell if last night was a one-off or if more activity will happen.

Hi and welcome. Please understand that you are about to get a lot of questions. This is because we want to give you the best answers we can, not that we don't believe you.

First up...did you use a flash for the pics? How old is the baby, and did some of the events occur before the baby and then resume after baby's birth? Have you ever "dabbled" in anything like trying for EVP's, Ouija board, anything else paranormal? Do you have a religious preference? (This is asked only so we can address this from your own belief system and we just need a "general" answer such as Christian, Pagan, Agnostic, etc.)

Have either you or your wife shown any signs of psychic gifts? Has anyone close to you recently passed?

Hopefully we can help you navigate these experiences a bit. Once again, welcome, and sorry for the list of questions but hoping we can help. Be patient with us as many are doing the holiday thing and are off and on this week.

Hello, Jc and welcome to the forums! My questions are, what kinds of things were you smelling? The honey packet you found on the floor intrigues me; had you ever purchased honey in that form, or just in a jar? The providing of honey seems a benevolent kind of thing. Seeing someone standing over the baby's crib; could be a deceased loved one, or something else. I am off to study your pics now. Again, welcome! We have some experts who may find the time to come and weigh in on your pics.

Reactions: Paintman and Duke
Hi Debi, thank you very much and welcome all the questions. I have always been interested in the paranormal starting back when my college apartment had some activity.

No flash for the picture. The picture is saved right from the baby monitor which is viewed on my phone.

He is our 2nd child, and is 2, our daughter 3. Most of what I remember and started noticing was after they were born, but nothing specific stands out.

Outside of a few times on my phone or listening to the baby monitors when motion is detected, but nothing advanced. Nothing else.

I am Presbyterian, but do not consider myself religious. I go towards science/facts versus religion.

No psychic gifts for us. I guess the closest could be that most of the times I do not remember by dreams, but on a rare occasion I will have a pretty vivid dream and a real life scenario related will happen. For example a month ago I dreamed I was in a situation where a car was about to be blown up and I was stuck trying to get away or fix it, not really sure, but the next day my father in law came over to help cut our grass and his lawn mower caught on fire which I had to put out for him both fearing the fire would get to the oil tank. All was safe, but figured I would mention as a weird coincidence.

No one has recently passed. My grandmother in 2019 and father 20 years ago

Hello, Jc and welcome to the forums! My questions are, what kinds of things were you smelling? The honey packet you found on the floor intrigues me; had you ever purchased honey in that form, or just in a jar? The providing of honey seems a benevolent kind of thing. Seeing someone standing over the baby's crib; could be a deceased loved one, or something else. I am off to study your pics now. Again, welcome! We have some experts who may find the time to come and weigh in on your pics.
Hi and thank you. I honestly don't remember buying them but they could have been part of a gift set. It reminded me of the tubes of different syrups that you randomly get from a restaurant or that's sold at a farm or We really only buy the one in the big jar that's a bear.

I really don't believe in things just appearing like this or money, so I'm confident it was in our house and maybe just "moved" by something. But the fact that we had a verbal conversation about it, I looked and couldn't find it, then I hear it drop on the floor the next morning is the thing. Even if it was in one of our cabinets and randomly fell out, it's not something that would roll to the center of the room.

Hi and thank you. I honestly don't remember buying them but they could have been part of a gift set. It reminded me of the tubes of different syrups that you randomly get from a restaurant or that's sold at a farm or We really only buy the one in the big jar that's a bear.

I really don't believe in things just appearing like this or money, so I'm confident it was in our house and maybe just "moved" by something. But the fact that we had a verbal conversation about it, I looked and couldn't find it, then I hear it drop on the floor the next morning is the thing. Even if it was in one of our cabinets and randomly fell out, it's not something that would roll to the center of the room.
Also, on the smells. Today it smelled like a candle was lit with a sweet smell to it. I smelled all around and couldn't identify it. Other smells are typically a cologne smell, primarily in our downstairs bathroom which is not used much and I don't use cologne. It will happen when I first walk in so it's not like someone just washed their hands or showered and that's what I am really smelling.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Just a quick first review of info, I would comment on the honey packet first. There is something called an apport. Things suddenly just drop in out of nowhere, and how you describe that happening with the pen drop sound makes me think that may be what happened. We have several members who have had that happen, including myself, and one member who has it happen often with witnesses. It's like someone says "You wanted this? Here ya go!" We do see these things as benevolent. And as Garnet mentioned, honey is significant as a sign of goodwill.

There are many things we are just learning that may have some science behind it in the field of the paranormal. Things appearing from one dimension into another now has the physics to show it's possible. With this in mind, let's look at the activity you have starting.

The level of activity you have is fairly low, and new. It's possible an entity/spirit/guardian angel may be involved. Several things I would do are as follows:

I would talk directly to the spirit and lay out some guidelines. Yes, you might feel a bit crazy talking to the thin air in front of you, but it appears we are heard when we do this. Lay out your boundaries. "I am aware you are here but I have some boundaries. This is my home and I claim it as such. You will not touch, appear to, or scare the children. You will respect my home and it's contents and all who live here or visit. I thank you for the honey if that was your gift." Something along those lines and be very specific on what you will allow and not allow. You might add no door rattling as it's annoying...lol

Use the St. Michael's Prayer. The prayer is known to be the best protection across all religions. I will attach a copy for you. It's very simple, and you might want to put a copy in the children's rooms or somewhere in your house.

I'm sure others will add to my comments here, but that is just a basic format for most low level activity I've encountered before and it often solves the problem or at the least contains it.

st-michael-protection-prayer-card.jpg

Just a quick first review of info, I would comment on the honey packet first. There is something called an apport. Things suddenly just drop in out of nowhere, and how you describe that happening with the pen drop sound makes me think that may be what happened. We have several members who have had that happen, including myself, and one member who has it happen often with witnesses. It's like someone says "You wanted this? Here ya go!" We do see these things as benevolent. And as Garnet mentioned, honey is significant as a sign of goodwill.

There are many things we are just learning that may have some science behind it in the field of the paranormal. Things appearing from one dimension into another now has the physics to show it's possible. With this in mind, let's look at the activity you have starting.

The level of activity you have is fairly low, and new. It's possible an entity/spirit/guardian angel may be involved. Several things I would do are as follows:

I would talk directly to the spirit and lay out some guidelines. Yes, you might feel a bit crazy talking to the thin air in front of you, but it appears we are heard when we do this. Lay out your boundaries. "I am aware you are here but I have some boundaries. This is my home and I claim it as such. You will not touch, appear to, or scare the children. You will respect my home and it's contents and all who live here or visit. I thank you for the honey if that was your gift." Something along those lines and be very specific on what you will allow and not allow. You might add no door rattling as it's annoying...lol

Use the St. Michael's Prayer. The prayer is known to be the best protection across all religions. I will attach a copy for you. It's very simple, and you might want to put a copy in the children's rooms or somewhere in your house.

I'm sure others will add to my comments here, but that is just a basic format for most low level activity I've encountered before and it often solves the problem or at the least contains it.

st-michael-protection-prayer-card.jpg
Thank you. Nothing that has happened has harmed or scared anyone - as you both mentioned with the honey. I do welcome some activity, especially if it is a deceased relative. I am also the only one who has these experiences and doesn't bother me. If my kids woke up screaming scared overnight, that would be another issue. I don't want this to come out the wrong way, I have tried to talk before to get something to happen, which really hasn't, but I would like to have more happen to further prove what I know I have experienced.

Welcome Jc. First off what you are experiencing are not uncommon in the paranormal world. I myself have no psysic gifts that I am aware but I have experienced the same things you mention. I am the one Debi is referring to who experiences apports. Debi has given you very good advice. Please be careful (just my opinion), not to encourage activity. You have a family to think about and these things can start out very harmless to get your attention and wonder but when you interact, it becomes an implied acceptance. There seems to be a systemic rule that these entries have to follow about getting involved with us. Now that’s not to say they all follow the rules but it seems to work that way. If you open the door to activity, you may get more than you want your family exposed to. It certainly sounds like you have something going on. I don’t know what to look for in the first two pics ( it wasn’t obvious to see). The ones that look like a humanoid man are very scary looking. It has an elfin look to it. Maybe an elemental or some other creature. One more thing, sometimes a new item brought into the household may have an attachment. Did you noticed the activity associated with something you brought into the house at the same time ? Just an idea.

We are here to be a sounding board and help if needed. Keep us updated.