Loneliness can make you sick

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
As Loneliness Rises Among Americans, Experts Warn It's Making Many Sick

Full story at site.

Debi note: I've found this to be true. Those who feel alone and have no support often develop an illness or depressed immune system. We are essentially all bound to one another, and when one is not sharing energy with others, they deplete their own energy.

Have you ever had this happen to you or have you seen it in another?

As Loneliness Rises Among Americans, Experts Warn It's Making Many Sick

Full story at site.

Debi note: I've found this to be true. Those who feel alone and have no support often develop an illness or depressed immune system. We are essentially all bound to one another, and when one is not sharing energy with others, they deplete their own energy.

Have you ever had this happen to you or have you seen it in another?
Maybe that’s why In high school I was always sick or my seasonal allergies were at their all time worst. No friends there lol

I've never been short of friends and between music and work had a very active life with not much time for myself. Work always got in the way of relationships and that was no real disappointment when they ended. Now at 57 all that has changed, gradually of course, and I find myself in a position where I have almost no social life so I work and come home to funny cat videos.

I'm loving this 'freedom' that I have and although others see me as this lonely guy it's the opposite and I wouldn't change this. This is not to diminish in any way truly lonely people, I imagine many factors contribute to this and it must be painful. I have befriended some folks over the years that I perceived to be lonely but it could be hard work and all I could offer is just to be there if needed. I'm sure there are folks out there who hide it.

It doesn't surprise me that this condition in life can make people sick. I hope the proliferation of online forums and social media can help in some way for some people, folks just need to reach out there's a whole world of empathic and kind people to be found.

Spot-on on all points LG.
I definitely recognize the link between mental and physical health. I especially like the line that said loneliness is as bad for your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day. And I bet the same can be said for anger, sadness, anxiety or restlessness........ Life without a purpose or meaning...... Rootlessness.....

Spot-on on all points LG.
I definitely recognize the link between mental and physical health. I especially like the line that said loneliness is as bad for your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day. And I bet the same can be said for anger, sadness, anxiety or restlessness........ Life without a purpose or meaning...... Rootlessness.....

Right Paint, so many variables and causes well said.

I agree lonrlyneas is terrible for people that are alone through the loss of a loved one. Some choose to be alone and that is way different.