Live from Egypt

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Discovery Channel is opening an Egyptian sarcophagus live on TV for the very first time

Discovery Channel to open sarcophagus live from Egypt in television first
'We know that there are a lot of mummies that are down there'

josh-gates-discovery-egypt.jpg

Discovery Channel is set to broadcast a live episode that will see hosts open an ancient sarcophagus live from Egypt for the first time on television.

The station will air two-hour special Expedition Unknown: Egypt Live on Sunday from a “less-visited part of the country” where, according to Here & Now, ”new exciting finds are coming to light.”

When asked what he thinks he’ll find upon opening the stone coffin, host Josh Gates said: ”[The] kind of the beauty of this is, I don’t know and I think that’s the fun of it.”

He continued: “We know that there are a lot of mummies that are down there.”

Gates added that the burial site they’ll be broadcasting from is the final resting place of some of Egypt’s higher-class citizens and expects to find physical remains.

The channel will be filming the episode at a site overseen by head of Egypt’s Supreme Council of Antiquities, Mostafa Waziri.

The Discovery Channel is opening an Egyptian sarcophagus live on TV for the very first time

Discovery Channel to open sarcophagus live from Egypt in television first
'We know that there are a lot of mummies that are down there'

josh-gates-discovery-egypt.jpg

Discovery Channel is set to broadcast a live episode that will see hosts open an ancient sarcophagus live from Egypt for the first time on television.

The station will air two-hour special Expedition Unknown: Egypt Live on Sunday from a “less-visited part of the country” where, according to Here & Now, ”new exciting finds are coming to light.”

When asked what he thinks he’ll find upon opening the stone coffin, host Josh Gates said: ”[The] kind of the beauty of this is, I don’t know and I think that’s the fun of it.”

He continued: “We know that there are a lot of mummies that are down there.”

Gates added that the burial site they’ll be broadcasting from is the final resting place of some of Egypt’s higher-class citizens and expects to find physical remains.

The channel will be filming the episode at a site overseen by head of Egypt’s Supreme Council of Antiquities, Mostafa Waziri.

Hopefully he has better luck than this guy did.

OOOOH MAN!!

I just thought of something so obvious.

They're going to discover Capone's secrets, money, books of dirty deeds, payroll, weapons, IN THE sarcophagus!!

Brilliant.

Reactions: Debi
OOOOH MAN!!

I just thought of something so obvious.

They're going to discover Capone's secrets, money, books of dirty deeds, payroll, weapons, IN THE sarcophagus!!

Brilliant.
LOL I am serious. I am now going to HAVE to watch this. :p

Reactions: Mokey