Little pet friends

This is Shadow T. Cat. The 'T." stands for The. She is 12, and given to me as a kitten, by a neighbor boy who was moving away. I thought Shadow was a cool Carl Jung reference but little did I know, she would follow me everywhere. She stowed away in my truck one day, and half way to work, I heard, "meow." She has no fear of power tools and supervises her house being remodeled. Loves the tractor and wheelbarrow rides. And I can't go for a run without her following. At 6#'s Shadow's a little mini cat but has a big personality.
DSCF0032_ResolutionPlus.jpg

She followed twice, unbeknownst to me. A neighbor said, "Do you know a black cat is following you ?" I make sure she's inside now beforehand. She's had several memorable antics. Shadow and I shared a best friend, Reggie the dog. When I'd walk Reggie, she would come along. I really think she liked the companionship, and seeing Reggie on a leash :p. She will wonder off path, but would always return back survailing. One amazing act of motherly instincts happened when Shadow lived with my folks while Dad was ill, ( eventually home hospice). When Dad was wheelchaired into his bed at night, Shadow would tuck him in, and wait until he fell asleep before starting her nocturnal adventures. Then one morning Dad passed on, and Shadow would not leave his bed. The funeral home people had to ask us to pick her up off the bed.:heartssuit:
I built Mom and Dad a new pier ( out of concrete and rock) and wheeled Dad down to the pond to inspect. Shadow jumped into his lap for the ride. "Hey Dad, when did you become a James Bond villain ?"
What a gal ! She likes the garage workshop area, and one of these days I'm going to buy her, her own calendar. With pictures of scantily clad hunky tom-cats.;)

LOL! That's a great story, Paintman! I know my dogs know when I'm not feeling well. They tend to GLUE themselves to me. And it's a bit difficult when there are 5 of them all "taking care" of me at once.

Animals have such beautiful souls. They are sooo open to everything.

Heck, I haven't even BEGUN to scratch the surface of my own ZOO! Lol for those who DONT know me... I work for a no-kill animal shelter/resource center. But also have my own crew at home... All with issues of one kind or another... My own crew is 3 dogs Baxter, Dakota and Ellie, 7 cats, a bunch of crested geckos, a rescued Bearded dragon, 2 rescued leopard geckos, several hundred gallons of fish, a roach colony and cricket colony and 3 foster cats... One is a renal failure hospice, a 17.5 yo FIV hospice and another FIV who can't live in the shelter, it's too stressful. Yes FIV cats can live long lives!! AND have lived with my cats who all tested neg still.... Yep I'm always bringing my work home with me!!
God bless you Becki; you are doing great work.

Riley has a very entertaining Dad:). Shad is PO'ed about some corner cuts on 1/4 round. The painter:confused: can fix it.

Reactions: Debi