Little pet friends

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
OK! Found something else for Nekki to put a leash on!

http://www.newslinq.com/rats-as-pets/

cute-pet-rats-3__880.jpg

cute-pet-rats-4__880.jpg

cute-pet-rats-16__880.jpg

cute-pet-rats-26__880.jpg

Reactions: surge and Indigo
OK! Found something else for Nekki to put a leash on!

http://www.newslinq.com/rats-as-pets/

cute-pet-rats-3__880.jpg

cute-pet-rats-4__880.jpg

cute-pet-rats-16__880.jpg

cute-pet-rats-26__880.jpg
I grew up with a little black and white rat named Gus Gus like Cinderella, for 4 years. He would have probably lived longer but got a tumor on his little foot. What an intelligent and sensitive little creature he was & he would come when called (we let him roam the house he was THAT good & our lab at the time was so sensitive and gentle it didn't matter sometimes they played even!). He used to sleep with us and even liked to squeeze himself in the middle of my brother and I when I read to my brother- in other words he never chose a lap, he chose to touch both kids & snuggle between us both equally displaying his affection! If you tried to move him, he'd get right back in the same position where he was touching us both! He was really incredible, magical little guy that gave me a unique perspective on rats. No one ever could understand this unless they've lived it, it's just too incredible. It was a once in a lifetime experience. We even celebrated his birthday as we do all our pets, and I swear he knew what all the attention was about & loved it. He acted so much like a child. Ah, little Gus Gus. :)

I grew up with a little black and white rat named Gus Gus like Cinderella, for 4 years. He would have probably lived longer but got a tumor on his little foot. What an intelligent and sensitive little creature he was & he would come when called (we let him roam the house he was THAT good & our lab at the time was so sensitive and gentle it didn't matter sometimes they played even!). He used to sleep with us and even liked to squeeze himself in the middle of my brother and I when I read to my brother- in other words he never chose a lap, he chose to touch both kids & snuggle between us both equally displaying his affection! If you tried to move him, he'd get right back in the same position where he was touching us both! He was really incredible, magical little guy that gave me a unique perspective on rats. No one ever could understand this unless they've lived it, it's just too incredible. It was a once in a lifetime experience. We even celebrated his birthday as we do all our pets, and I swear he knew what all the attention was about & loved it. He acted so much like a child. Ah, little Gus Gus. :)
Sounds like a wonderful experience with the little guy! LOL Looks like you and Nekki will have to fight over custody on the pets we feature around here! :p

Reactions: Indigo
I briefly had gerbils when I was younger. I got home from school one afternoon and discovered that other animals in the house could get into their cage, and thought they looked a lot like a snack. :eek:

:) Great story and memory!

Reactions: Debi and Indigo
Heck, is there enough space for me to list my crew?!? Lol!!! Let's see... For those that remember Kitty Meow... My cat who was allergic to herself??? She passed 3 weekends ago, next to me... I still have the whole rest ic my crew of misfits... And fosters... Had a bottle baby kitten... We foster her now in our office... Any more questions??
image.jpg
image.jpg

I was so sad to see Kitty Meow passed, Becki! :(

I was so sad to see Kitty Meow passed, Becki! :(
Noooo! Becki, I'm so sorry. :(

I had gerbils-Sid and Nancy and also mice. I can't remember what I had named the mice, but I used to hold them in the palm of my hands and kiss their little backs.

images

Reactions: Indigo and Debi
Heck, is there enough space for me to list my crew?!? Lol!!! Let's see... For those that remember Kitty Meow... My cat who was allergic to herself??? She passed 3 weekends ago, next to me... I still have the whole rest ic my crew of misfits... And fosters... Had a bottle baby kitten... We foster her now in our office... Any more questions?? View attachment 1418View attachment 1419
No no noooo that kitten is TOO MUCH. Ahhh I wish I could cuddle!

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi