Lisa Loring, 64 (Wednesday on Addams Family)

I worked with a guy who met Loring at one of those TV/Movie nostalgia conventions, would have been back in the late 1990s. He said she was polite, soft-spoken and maybe a bit shy. He also said she was very pretty.

I worked with a guy who met Loring at one of those TV/Movie nostalgia conventions, would have been back in the late 1990s. He said she was polite, soft-spoken and maybe a bit shy. He also said she was very pretty.
I've seen nothing but wonderful comments about her in all the articles I've seen. Unusual for someone in Hollywood to have only positive remarks!

She was young only 64. Probably cancer since it sounded like it was slow enough for her kids to be with her and to go peacefully. So sad to have a life cut short. At least that seems young these days.

I don't know how I missed this. My daughter and I were just talking about Lisa Loring this morning. From what i understand, she had a bit of a rough life. The story I had heard was this.

Child stars have always had issues in Hollywood, but fortunately Lisa had Jackie Coogan, who played Uncle Fester, on her side. Coogan was a big advocate for child actors and took it upon himself to personally review and renegotiate the contracts for both Lisa and Pugsley actor Ken Weatherwax.

During the show Lisa's mother was spending the paychecks on alcohol and after the show ended was allegedly emotionally and verbally abusive while also pushing the poor girl in front of every director or producer in Hollywood. When her mother died Lisa would have been left with nothing, but thanks to the renegotiated contracts a portion of her Addams Family earnings were held in a trust and she was able to live on those funds for a while.

She never really got another big break and had a number of smaller roles. She did find recognition working on (though not in) adult films. She started in make-up but would eventually go on to costume, set design and other aspects of film production. She was apparently good at it but I'm not willing to watch her work to judge for myself.

She would eventually marry one of the adult film actors on the condition that he quit doing adult films and got a real job. But things were rough and there were reports of abuse in the relationship. He had a hard time finding legitimate work and went back to doing adult films behind Lisa's back. Lisa in the meantime started down her mother's path of substance abuse with alcohol and hard drugs. One of her friends had an overdose and it was the wake up call she needed. She got cleaned up and focused her time on family.

After all that it seems she was able to find peace during her later years. Hopefully she is at a place of peace now as well.