Link between negative thoughts/feelings and spirits/hauntings.

centipede

Reaction score
Anyone here have any particular thoughts or opinions on the theory that some spirits and/or haunting can be manifested as a result of negative thoughts and feelings and/or things such as stress or depression. Completely independent of actual death or traumatic occurrences in the area. As in completely manifested purely through negative energy from an individual.

Personally, I have noticed a notable increase in strange happenings to me when I go through bouts of weeks-to-months long periods of heightened depression, which I have had since childhood. I do believe there is much truth to the theory. But I'd love to hear your own personal thoughts or experiences.

Keep in mind, I know all paranormal experiences do have their own often negative energy. But that is mostly manifested from the experience or entity itself as opposed to being brought forth from or manifested from the energy or feelings themselves.

-Centipede.

Centipede,
Great post! I wanna say right off the bat.
I know poltergeist are caused by the person from the energy they build up inside of them, without them knowing it is released, and alot of time( not always) it is mistaken as a ghost hunting.
I also know from research over the many year's that ghost/hauntings/ what ever is caused by a ghost/ negative energy, not always being a demon but a human who was just a negative person, can actually make the depression/anger/ suicidal thoughts increase.
And yes a person's feelings if strong enough can attract different things.
A few times myself, would fight with family, and either I or they will see shadow person.
When that does happen I believe it is cause the energy we give off, either it be sad, anger, happy.

Anyone here have any particular thoughts or opinions on the theory that some spirits and/or haunting can be manifested as a result of negative thoughts and feelings and/or things such as stress or depression. Completely independent of actual death or traumatic occurrences in the area. As in completely manifested purely through negative energy from an individual.

Personally, I have noticed a notable increase in strange happenings to me when I go through bouts of weeks-to-months long periods of heightened depression, which I have had since childhood. I do believe there is much truth to the theory. But I'd love to hear your own personal thoughts or experiences.

Keep in mind, I know all paranormal experiences do have their own often negative energy. But that is mostly manifested from the experience or entity itself as opposed to being brought forth from or manifested from the energy or feelings themselves.

-Centipede.
Yes, it’s actually surprising what a long term bad mood can do( as you already know I believe). Your aura is a kind of like a shield to you, if you keep your mood happy and positive most of the time then this shield will be strong and keep you protected from lower vibrational beings feeding onto your sadness. Of course, don’t shut off your negative emotions, this will make it worse, try to deal with them gently and take a break.

Now, I personally believe this doesn’t apply to everyone, I know many people who deal with very negative emotions and yet they don’t sense or understand if something negative is stuck around their energy. Some people also can’t summon or trigger a bad spirit that easily. It depends on each person and for how long, or how negative you can get. Too much negativity can also cause physical illnesses at some point anyway.

I know it’s not easy one bit dealing with depression, you can’t just get up one day after some mind practice to stay positive and expect it to be gone. But you can slowly and steadily train your mind and heart to love yourself and forgive regardless of your past, and keep in mind that you’re a limitless creation of this universe that we can’t see wholly yet because most of us are not ready to see it. Most things are an illusion, connect to your inner self to see the truth and don’t let shadows reside by your side.

Good luck.

Reactions: ParanormalMom
I've noticed if I'm nice to someone and they ignore or are unfriendly in return that things start to happen around me,its like a manifestation of the anger that lies deep within my being..I've always been like that.As a helpless kid if anyone was horrible to me bad thing would come their way instantly.My grandad explained it was the same for him as a child.What it is ,karma or whatever I've never worked out.

That actually could be. Out of curiousity here, did you ever have anything bad rebound on you from it? No judgement, just curious.
If I just let things happen its good,if I react to an aggressive or violent situation physically and retaliate it always ends bad for me,always.

Reactions: Debi
If I just let things happen its good,if I react to an aggressive or violent situation physically and retaliate it always ends bad for me,always.
That makes sense, actually, and thank you, Oz, for sharing that with me. Looking at the three fold law with that question.

Reactions: ozentity