Lights have been hovering around my home at night

AxionStile

Reaction score
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. What I'm going to attempt to explain is weird, crazy, and has been happening nightly since September of 2018, so here it goes:

I live in a very small town of 900 people on a lake in Arkansas. I have lived here for 10 years and haven't seen anything paranormal... My home is in a small little neighborhood where we all know one another and things are fairly quiet. My home is lifted off of the ground with a huge deck that wraps around it with flood lights. We are a block from the lake which isn't seen due to trees, but it's a nice little spot..

September of 2018 I got home from work and sat on the back deck to smoke like I always do.. The usual scene as always: a few houses, trees, and 6 or so street lamps thrown here and there.. I casually smoke my cigarette, mess with my phone like normal.. While looking up, movement catches my attention, what I assume is a street light starts hovering similar to what a drone would do.. I watched this go on not believing my eyes.. It's hard to judge distance or size of the light at night, but it's the same bluish tinted color of the street light that has been there, but street lights don't grow wings and hover about... It moves roughly 25 ft or so from where the lamp normally is.. It goes up and down, left and right but never touches the ground or flys off more than 25ft or so from the light pole.. I know it sounds like I'm losing my mind, perhaps I am..
This had my attention.. Maybe it's a drone, but drones make noise and it's a big street light and it's on the corner of two streets right behind my house. I could almost hit it with a rock from my deck... So I started watching a few other lights.. The rest of the street lights (roughly 4 others here and there leading to the highway) are Amber in color.. They move in the same fashion. You can sit on my deck in a fixed position and watch them hover around within 5 minutes of sitting down. My best friend lives across the street and I told him and his wife...
Days go by and I rolled through my neighborhood and mentally marked all the street lamps location mentally.. Now, on Halloween night it was raining hard and I walked outside and looked up at the full moon... The moon was moving like crazy.. it was a drone I assume.. it stayed hovering on location for hours.. every time I went for a smoke I'd look for it and see it in the clearing and it's hide behind some trees.. This thing was way high in the air... I saw another smaller drone a few nights later out back, it had little flashing red and green or blue lights on it and although it was higher than a street lamp, it was low enough you could hear the propellers spinning.. I've heard that noise many nights and thought it was the spinning air vents on the top of the houses, but there wasn't much wind and it just makes no sense... I haven't seen what I think is a drone since around Halloween. I don't have a night vision scope and I've tried to get a good view with binoculars but again, it's dark..
Nightly I see these street lamps move about.. I just came in from a smoke and saw the blue one on the back deck, and one Amber one on the side deck moving freely hovering about.... I haven't went alone to investigate because by the time I get in my truck, I'd be noticed. I figure I could walk the streets at night but it's scary as hell out here.. I've had a friggin bear and her cub in my back yard..
My good friend and two neighbors have seen what appear to be the drones and they described both drones I thought I've seen... The street lights happen nightly though...
I guess I'm crazy, but I came and made an account to ask you guys this: How would you get to the bottom of this? It could be paranormal, drone enthusiasts, tweakers with a drone, or cops watching tweakers with a drone... This is a retirement area, not any children around really.. I'd love to get video of them, but all that would show is pitch dark with a ball of light moving about on my phone.. I wish I had night vision with recording but sadly I do not. I could record it, but it would be phone quality terrible.. This has kept me awake many of nights and now other neighbors have seen lights moving...

Thank you for reading the first chapter of me losing my mind.. I'll tell more on this subject as it happens..

Reactions: Herbal Jaguar
Welcome to PF, I'm just going to ask some questions to elaborate on some points that caught my attention.

You had said the moon was moving?

Now, on Halloween night it was raining hard and I walked outside and looked up at the full moon... The moon was moving like crazy.. it was a drone I assume.. it stayed hovering on location for hours

And you are saying that all the lights on your street are amber or just the one is blue?

And the street lights are moving around or just the lights of the drone.

And the fact you can hear propellers is a telling sign that humans may be the culprit. I think that your assumption it could be some form of law enforcement is certainly possible. Especially in a rural area I would imagine. I have lived in a town in Texas that had hauntings, ufos, and drones so this definitely peaks my interest as me and my wife have seen some mysterious drones as well in that area.

Reactions: ozentity
Welcome to PF, I'm just going to ask some questions to elaborate on some points that caught my attention.

You had said the moon was moving?

And you are saying that all the lights on your street are amber or just the one is blue?

And the street lights are moving around or just the lights of the drone.

And the fact you can hear propellers is a telling sign that humans may be the culprit. I think that your assumption it could be some form of law enforcement is certainly possible. Especially in a rural area I would imagine. I have lived in a town in Texas that had hauntings, ufos, and drones so this definitely peaks my interest as me and my wife have seen some mysterious drones as well in that area.
What I had THOUGHT was the moon started moving.. I believe it was a drone high up, very high... It had to be big because it looked like the moon and hovered out of view behind tree tops.. That was on the front deck.. Just one street lamp has a blue hue and it's on the corner behind my house, the other 5 or so on my area are amber. My neighborhood is one way in and out and I can hear a vehicle coming from a mile away out here .. O haven't heard the "drone noises" much as of late since it's been raining or windy. But the street lamps... I can seriously walk out there and watch them right now. I thought it may be law enforcement at first, but I can't imagine them wasting so much time watching my neighbors that nickel and dime. I downloaded the drone watcher app on my Android and have never had an alert not once even while seeing these street lamps hover about. The police wouldn't wast September to now every night... I don't think a drone enthusiast would either every night. It doesn't matter if it's storming, windy, whatever... They still hover about..

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. What I'm going to attempt to explain is weird, crazy, and has been happening nightly since September of 2018, so here it goes:

I live in a very small town of 900 people on a lake in Arkansas. I have lived here for 10 years and haven't seen anything paranormal... My home is in a small little neighborhood where we all know one another and things are fairly quiet. My home is lifted off of the ground with a huge deck that wraps around it with flood lights. We are a block from the lake which isn't seen due to trees, but it's a nice little spot..

September of 2018 I got home from work and sat on the back deck to smoke like I always do.. The usual scene as always: a few houses, trees, and 6 or so street lamps thrown here and there.. I casually smoke my cigarette, mess with my phone like normal.. While looking up, movement catches my attention, what I assume is a street light starts hovering similar to what a drone would do.. I watched this go on not believing my eyes.. It's hard to judge distance or size of the light at night, but it's the same bluish tinted color of the street light that has been there, but street lights don't grow wings and hover about... It moves roughly 25 ft or so from where the lamp normally is.. It goes up and down, left and right but never touches the ground or flys off more than 25ft or so from the light pole.. I know it sounds like I'm losing my mind, perhaps I am..
This had my attention.. Maybe it's a drone, but drones make noise and it's a big street light and it's on the corner of two streets right behind my house. I could almost hit it with a rock from my deck... So I started watching a few other lights.. The rest of the street lights (roughly 4 others here and there leading to the highway) are Amber in color.. They move in the same fashion. You can sit on my deck in a fixed position and watch them hover around within 5 minutes of sitting down. My best friend lives across the street and I told him and his wife...
Days go by and I rolled through my neighborhood and mentally marked all the street lamps location mentally.. Now, on Halloween night it was raining hard and I walked outside and looked up at the full moon... The moon was moving like crazy.. it was a drone I assume.. it stayed hovering on location for hours.. every time I went for a smoke I'd look for it and see it in the clearing and it's hide behind some trees.. This thing was way high in the air... I saw another smaller drone a few nights later out back, it had little flashing red and green or blue lights on it and although it was higher than a street lamp, it was low enough you could hear the propellers spinning.. I've heard that noise many nights and thought it was the spinning air vents on the top of the houses, but there wasn't much wind and it just makes no sense... I haven't seen what I think is a drone since around Halloween. I don't have a night vision scope and I've tried to get a good view with binoculars but again, it's dark..
Nightly I see these street lamps move about.. I just came in from a smoke and saw the blue one on the back deck, and one Amber one on the side deck moving freely hovering about.... I haven't went alone to investigate because by the time I get in my truck, I'd be noticed. I figure I could walk the streets at night but it's scary as hell out here.. I've had a friggin bear and her cub in my back yard..
My good friend and two neighbors have seen what appear to be the drones and they described both drones I thought I've seen... The street lights happen nightly though...
I guess I'm crazy, but I came and made an account to ask you guys this: How would you get to the bottom of this? It could be paranormal, drone enthusiasts, tweakers with a drone, or cops watching tweakers with a drone... This is a retirement area, not any children around really.. I'd love to get video of them, but all that would show is pitch dark with a ball of light moving about on my phone.. I wish I had night vision with recording but sadly I do not. I could record it, but it would be phone quality terrible.. This has kept me awake many of nights and now other neighbors have seen lights moving...

Thank you for reading the first chapter of me losing my mind.. I'll tell more on this subject as it happens..

Welcome to the PNF Axion.

I’m not a photography enthusiast so I don’t know the best way to get a clear image. However, I would at least attempt a still photo with the flash on. Even in the dark, something near should reflect the light.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
I’m confused about the street lamps? You’ve verified their locations so are these lights you’re seeing them taking flight ? Or are you saying these are different lights that look like them? Just want to be clear ? It really does sound like your seeing drones also they could be remote control planes (they make noise). The reason I think they are man made devices is the limited range of motion. You said 25 feet. I think that is the clue. Man made remote control divices have a limited range.

I’m confused about the street lamps? You’ve verified their locations so are these lights you’re seeing them taking flight ? Or are you saying these are different lights that look like them? Just want to be clear ? It really does sound like your seeing drones also they could be remote control planes (they make noise). The reason I think they are man made devices is the limited range of motion. You said 25 feet. I think that is the clue. Man made remote control divices have a limited range.
I suspect man made, too, because whenever you read about UFO's or similar things, they move in crazy directions and are all over the place.

Reactions: Lynne
I suspect man made, too, because whenever you read about UFO's or similar things, they move in crazy directions and are all over the place.
What doesn't make sense is this is a retirement area, there aren't kids with toys anywhere around... You won't see one in the day and no one out here openly okays with drones.. Not to mention the light is identical to the street lights.. Idk what it is but I'm going to find out..

Reactions: garnetsilver
What doesn't make sense is this is a retirement area, there aren't kids with toys anywhere around... You won't see one in the day and no one out here openly okays with drones.. Not to mention the light is identical to the street lights.. Idk what it is but I'm going to find out..
I think your assumption that only kids and teens use drones and remote control planes is inaccurate. I know many adults that use them. My own father builds and fly’s RC planes.

I think your assumption that only kids and teens use drones and remote control planes is inaccurate. I know many adults that use them. My own father builds and fly’s RC planes.
No one here openly plays with them during the day is what I meant to type... As in, old people included.