Light at the End of the Tunnel of Covid

Dear God is this ever going to stop? :( People who aren't getting vaccinated is a key factor, too.

Head's up! The Delta variant is now the dominant strain, AND it's breaking through the vaccines. Fortunately, the vax is still working to hold cases down to a non lethal infection for most. This is the trouble with allowing these variants to bubble up out there. They morph and become dangerous.

The CDC is suggesting new guidelines, which come down to wear a mask for safety in enclosed spaces regardless of vax or not, use the old protocols of distance and hand washing. And let's all pray it doesn't figure out a way to morph around the vaccines.

Even if you are vaxxed, please keep in mind that there are breakthrough cases of the Delta Variant. Cases are rising rapidly of Delta and many younger unvaxed folks are getting it and being hospitalized.

There are two new variants in the UK. These are the 'Lambda' (C.37) and B.1.621 variants.

The latest reports indicate that Lambda may be resilient to a small number of vaccines being issued out:

Our results indicate that mutations present in the spike protein of the lambda variant of interest confer increased infectivity and immune escape from neutralizing antibodies elicited by CoronaVac” [Source: Infection Control Today]

Also, scientists do not currently know the current effectiveness of vaccines in relation to the new B.1.621 variant:

"PHE [Public Health England] said it is carrying out laboratory testing to better understand how the new mutation affects the virus’s behaviour, while contact tracing and targeted testing is being deployed to limit the variant’s spread. The variant, known as B.1.621, was designated a variant under investigation on Wednesday" [Source: The Independent]

Last edited:
People who aren't getting vaccinated is a key factor, too.
actually, this is what the french virologist Montagnier , (who im not getting into due to too much controversy and his words being twisted), was referring to about the vaccines being too early. but this is what viruses do, they morph to get around the systems defenses. people tried to dismiss his theory but here we are, no denying it. so actually its possible the vacs are causing the mutations

The Delta variant is now the dominant strain, AND it's breaking through the vaccines. Fortunately, the vax is still working to hold cases down to a non lethal infection for most. This is the trouble with allowing these variants to bubble up out there. They morph and become dangerous.
areas with a 90% vaccination rate are being hit hard, it has broken the defense line. and theres no way to stop variants from morphing. its out there, no getting rid of it. even if we get a 100% vaccination rate world wide (which is pretty much impossible) unless we close all borders it will still morph. right now i fear we are just in a slowdown with the vaccines being effective. they will slow it down hopefully enough for it to either morph into a normal flu type virus or enough for us to develope a vax that will be more permanent.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Dear God is this ever going to stop? :( People who aren't getting vaccinated is a key factor, too.
This is on them. I make no apologies for stating a fact.
I've been fully vaccinated since early April and I'm more than willing to get a third.

This is on them. I make no apologies for stating a fact.
I've been fully vaccinated since early April and I'm more than willing to get a third.
its not on them. as long as its out there it will mutate, until it dont. cant vaccinate children or babies yet...until they can, it will mutate. its been found in cats, dogs, even a ferret. as long as there is a host it can or will mutate..... this virus has a 99% survival rate. any vaccines must be fuly trialed before we take chances with the youth or nature because we are blindly, guessing what will work. we cant jump the gun and chance the cure being worse than the illness. what makes this so bad isnt that it is a guaranteed death sentence, its not. but that it can overwhelm the hospitals, that is what we have to keep under control

You are both right in your own ways. A virus will always morph and mutate, young children and babies can't have the vax yet until further testing, BUT we need more adults vaxxed to slow this thing down. The more we can do that, the more time we give ourselves to come up with that better vax.

Now, with that said, this thread isn't to argue the big debate out there. It's simply to act as an information station for everyone as to what is happening. :)

its not on them. as long as its out there it will mutate, until it dont. cant vaccinate children or babies yet...until they can, it will mutate. its been found in cats, dogs, even a ferret. as long as there is a host it can or will mutate..... this virus has a 99% survival rate. any vaccines must be fuly trialed before we take chances with the youth or nature because we are blindly, guessing what will work. we cant jump the gun and chance the cure being worse than the illness. what makes this so bad isnt that it is a guaranteed death sentence, its not. but that it can overwhelm the hospitals, that is what we have to keep under control
We'll agree to disagree.
But this is not any normal virus. It is a form of biological warfare that was released either by accident or on purpose.
I'm not even a conspiracy theorist and the facts back that claim.
We all need to do our part to end this.

Last edited: