Light at the End of the Tunnel of Covid

but it was like...I felt like I was doing something wrong not to have the mask on.
Kinda like driving or riding in a car without a seatbelt ? I have stopped wearing a mask while riding my bicycle. I carry one with me and have used it when the cicadas are hitting me while moving. The last thing I want is a mouthful of insect.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I felt like I was doing something wrong not to have the mask on. It's been so long that I went anywhere without a mask.
People are getting pretty pushy about wearing them. In my case, they can push all they want about it..mine's staying on per doctor orders. I was wearing one BEFORE this started. Covid isn't the only thing running around out there!

Garnet, a lot of people are feeling exactly what you describe. Take your time and do what is right for you and makes you feel comfortable.

I remembered your post about being gentle with ourselves as we move forward, Debi! My decision to not wear the mask was based on that. While I see people gathering in large numbers anyway, without masks, that is something I won't do. The store was not very crowded because it was after nine o'clock, so that helped. Doctor's offices still mandate wearing masks, and that makes sense.

Critter, it did feel like driving without a seat belt, lol. Very well put.

Reactions: Benway and Debi
The store was not very crowded
Grocery stores that I have used are still not up to pre-covid levels of customers. With self-checkout counters, I don't hesitate to go shopping at any time of the day now. Easy in, easy out. It took awhile for customers to start wearing masks in 2020 in the stores that I frequent, but most people are still wearing them in 2021. I do in stores, not outside.

Even before Covid, I preferred shopping in the evening hours when most stores are not as heavily frequented. It is more peaceful, not having to navigate around so many people and being able to take your time.

Reactions: Benway
Most mask mandates have been dropped here as well, but I wear an Inex Gear Better Bandana. They're fitted with nanofiber filtration technology that blocks airborne contaminants and they're highly breathable. I've mostly dropped the mask wear unless I'm in tight quarters such as a Convenience store in the mornings and some are usually packed. When there's no one else around, I'll drop it. I need to raise my use of it more, but I'm still going to keep my distance from everyone. I think that's a practice most have adopted whether they realize it or not.

New daily cases here are doubled and tripled over a few weeks ago. State health experts want a retun to masks as hospital ICU's fill up again, but the politicians are afraid of the backlash and won't do it.
Most of the new cases are the Delta variant, and unvaxed. The handful of breakthrough cases among vaxed individuals have been mild symptoms and none require hospitalization.
Argues pretty effectively for getting vaccinated if you've been holding-out.

Had an interesting experience in the supermarket. I had accompanied Mr. Garnet for some last minute shopping, and when we got there, I pulled out my mask. Then I looked around. Hardly anyone was wearing masks. Then I saw the sign on the door; masks are not required, except by store personnel. I felt an anxiety attack coming on. Mr. Garnet wasn't wearing his. Our stats in the state of PA, on new infections, are way down. So I shopped without a mask. I may go back to it again, but it was like...I felt like I was doing something wrong not to have the mask on. It's been so long that I went anywhere without a mask.

According to experts, we are very close to herd immunity. I pray and hope so!
I have had the same feeling.

Reactions: garnetsilver
New daily cases here are doubled and tripled over a few weeks ago. State health experts want a retun to masks as hospital ICU's fill up again, but the politicians are afraid of the backlash and won't do it.
Most of the new cases are the Delta variant, and unvaxed. The handful of breakthrough cases among vaxed individuals have been mild symptoms and none require hospitalization.
Argues pretty effectively for getting vaccinated if you've been holding-out.
Sounds like the UK, although we still have masks indoors. You have my sympathy!