Light at the End of the Tunnel of Covid

Today the newspaper gave some rather useless advice. "Do the things that help you destress during these hard times". But what about those who lost the chance to go to classes which have activites to help them destress ? What advice would all of you give them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway
Today the newspaper gave some rather useless advice. "Do the things that help you destress during these hard times". But what about those who lost the chance to go to classes which have activites to help them destress ? What advice would all of you give them?
There are many solo activities to use to destress. Music, walking, biking, exercise in general. There are many avenues to explore for stress relief and even if you've lost your old ways of doing so, you have to open your mind to new ways you can add it into your life.

As someone who became handicapped, I lost all the old methods I used for many years and had to replace them with new things that brought me joy.

There are many solo activities to use to destress. Music, walking, biking, exercise in general. There are many avenues to explore for stress relief and even if you've lost your old ways of doing so, you have to open your mind to new ways you can add it into your life.

As someone who became handicapped, I lost all the old methods I used for many years and had to replace them with new things that brought me joy.
I hear you, Debi! I had to give up long walks, some crafting, and there are limits to how much I can stand or sit doing certain tasks. Thank God for video games, reading, and streaming movies and television shows.

Some good news at long last....

For the first time in 447 days, the UK reports NO new deaths from Covid, although there are 3,165 new daily cases, primarily from the new India strain.

Time will tell and if things continue to go as they are, potentially the UK may be lifting all Covid restrictions on June 21st.

For the first time in 447 days, the UK reports NO new deaths from Covid, although there are 3,165 new daily cases, primarily from the new India strain.

Time will tell and if things continue to go as they are, potentially the UK may be lifting all Covid restrictions on June 21st.
I was just about to post about that! That is soooo hopeful!

Reactions: Duke

Partly it's down to the figures being from a bank holiday weekend, so some deaths reports may well have been delayed. However, we have had a death rate of around ten for weeks and recently mostly in single figures, so yeah, it's looking good.

Utah has a little less than half of the state population with at least one vaccine dose, 38% fully vaxed. Interestingly, its the young people who are close to 60% with at least one dose. Our positive test numbers are tracking lower than I remember for well over a year. Hopefully we don't see a summer surge, I think mask restrictions were lifted prematurely. I also think vaccinations will peter-out around 60%, probably too low for "herd immunity". Vax numbers are only a fourth of what they were a month ago. Hoping that I turn out totally wrong.

Reactions: Benway