Light at the End of the Tunnel of Covid

I think I have done ok handling this mentally. I am a social person but know how to self entertain. I am happiest with my horse and knitting. Also I love to read. I do miss being able to smile at people and see faces. I was really feeling hopeful until the India pandemic situation.
That particular variant is thought to be 50% more contagious. This is why it's SO important we get the vaxxes out there. As long as this keeps infecting others they are just giant petri dishes for variants to emerge.

I've lost contact with one of our members over there in India. She's a nurse. Last report was they were totally overwhelmed...no O2, no beds, nothing to treat with. Prayers out to all of those in India right now.

I'm still hopeful, Lynne. We've come a long way since last year. The US appears to be at least stable with the situation at the moment. We need to continue this trend.

That particular variant is thought to be 50% more contagious. This is why it's SO important we get the vaxxes out there. As long as this keeps infecting others they are just giant petri dishes for variants to emerge.

I've lost contact with one of our members over there in India. She's a nurse. Last report was they were totally overwhelmed...no O2, no beds, nothing to treat with. Prayers out to all of those in India right now.

I'm still hopeful, Lynne. We've come a long way since last year. The US appears to be at least stable with the situation at the moment. We need to continue this trend.
I hope we are not allowing travel from there.

Reactions: Benway
I think that has now been blocked. Not sure, but I think I read that somewhere.
That would be the smart move. At least make travelers go through a two week quarantine

That would be the smart move. At least make travelers go through a two week quarantine
This is not "over" as many people seem to think. This is a first step towards the light at the end of it. We still have to think smart and stay ahead of this thing.

Reactions: Benway and Lynne
This is not "over" as many people seem to think. This is a first step towards the light at the end of it. We still have to think smart and stay ahead of this thing.
Right! People can’t handle hearing this though.

• Sad
Reactions: Benway and Debi
Lots of people were jumping the gun way before the progress we have made at present - from sheer battle fatigue. But the way to win a battle is to keep on fighting until Victory is declared. That's why I am not going to stop wearing a mask just yet when I go out. When we go on our tour this weekend, we will both be wearing masks.

Reactions: Debi and Lynne
Lots of people were jumping the gun way before the progress we have made at present - from sheer battle fatigue. But the way to win a battle is to keep on fighting until Victory is declared. That's why I am not going to stop wearing a mask just yet when I go out. When we go on our tour this weekend, we will both be wearing masks.
Us too. I don’t wear them outside but I do when I go into business’ or around people.

As I said earlier, it's all about your comfort level right now. What do you feel most comfortable doing?
Whatever it is, do that. For those of us with compromised systems, despite being vaxed, I will be continuing to wear one when going into a building or if I'm around a lot of people.