Life/Stress/Covid Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lesson I've learned over the past few weeks that might be helpful. Consider shopping for hard to find necessities at local dollar stores....Dollar General, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, etc. Many of these stores are a bit of the beaten path, or maybe not be in the best part of town, but I've had good luck with them.

Yesterday I managed to score a large bottle of bleach and a couple gallons of distilled water at a DG kind of in the middle of nowhere. They also had toilet paper. This morning I drove past a DG with just one car in the lot, so I stopped and was rewarded with Lysol and Dial anti-bacterial hand soap. In both instances, their somewhat limited variety of food products was fully stocked.
Yes ! I have discovered the same.

Reactions: Donna K.
Sorry to be so late in the thread here everyone - I do follow it when I have time to breath - and always always - ALWAYS - keep and on going Prayer for all of you.
We are always glad to read you whenever you have time. Sending love and prayers back to you Donna.

Reactions: Donna K.
I drink blue moon I doubt I'll get carona virus :D

Unfotunately I had a small "case" of the "Corona" virus before it spread, but now I'm starting to worry about the "Lime" disease that went with it ;)

But on a serious note

Screenshot_20200328-205631.png

I went to the Aldi yesterday just as it opened. There was a girl wiping down the carts. The 'quarter in the cart' protocol had been abandoned. I took the cart she pushed towards me and entered the store. Hardly anyone was there. Half of those present were wearing masks. It was easy to keep a six foot distance. Not that I really cared. I found everything I wanted except for the awesome microwaveable fish filets. No fish burritos this week. I headed to the toilet paper aisle. It was empty. And the racks were bare except for a single 12-pack super roll. But it seemed to have my name on it. I threw it into the cart feeling only slightly self-conscious and a little bit guilty. But I took this as a clear sign that my guardian angel was working in my life and my unease quickly passed. I headed for the checkout line. I was the only one there. I couldn't help notice all the new 'social distancing' signs. The cashier greeted me from behind a large plastic shield that surrounded the register area. She was wearing blue rubber gloves. I sighed, shoved my plastic into the slot and completed the transaction. I packed my stuff and left the store handing my cart back over to the same girl. On the way home, I worried about a possible shortage of microwaveable fish filets. It also occurred to me that we seem to have now become bubble-people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway
Status
Not open for further replies.