Life/Stress/Covid Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debi's musing here.....

If you are one of the people who are on stay at home orders, I want to give you the upside of this. You see, I have been on those stay at home orders for the past 20 months for medical reasons and I've learned an important thing about this. It's all about how you look at it and what you want to make of it. Yes, I could fuss daily about it and complain about what I'm missing by not being out and about. I could take a very negative outlook on life because this is what it's dealt me. But....I CHOSE to make the very best come of it. I honestly hold this time as a bit "holy" for myself. It has given me the time to focus on giving, on loving, on just being.

I've not seen many here complain about it, but I've seen quite a few online who are simply having a meltdown about being at home for a few weeks, including an out of state family member who is sure she can't make it without being out of her home at least 3 times a day! lol I have assured her she shall survive, but I told her and I will pass this to all of you: Even with all the chaos in the world, this is your time. This is the time to connect in a different way....through the soul and spirit.

Choose your mindset carefully, my friends.

Because of my health challenges, I hardly leave the house. Maybe once or twice a week I will go out for a doctor appointment or to accompany Jim while he runs errands, just for a change of scenery. I get exhausted easily so the staying at home for me is normal. I can imagine what it would be like if I had young children who usually attend school, hanging around all day! Or if I were used to going to work, or attending social events. Then it would be a lot tougher to deal with.

I've chosen to distance myself years ago so this aspect of the virus doesn't really affect my lifestyle.I'm glad I live remotely despite it's challenges and at this time I feel I'm blessed.There have been huge flocks of galahs flying around,I've never seen so many flocking together,almost like they are celebrating the battering of mankind.Maybe it is something different,maybe a warning to us,it's really weird.

90996531_2502233370037456_1745228006172917760_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.