Life/Stress/Covid Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good article, Jad. I spoke to my brother last week, and was horrified when he said that his adult son was coming from Georgia with his wife and children to visit this week. I was literally speechless, since I realized that there was nothing I could do or say to make him rethink this. He had also expressed his opinions about COVID being a conspiracy many times, so I just wished him a safe holiday.:disappointed:

• Sad
Reactions: Benway
So, there's a thing going on here with a new even more contagious mutant super coronavirus hitting London and the South East of England and the rest of Europe blocking travel to and from us out of sheer terror. Here's the map of where it is: View attachment 29062
Now notice that there is also ONE other place also infected with it... Guess where I live!
I really feel it's just mocking me at this point.
Ben, I don't even know what to say. Honestly. I just feel for you guys and for the world right now. May you stay safe, my friend.

T'was a week before Christmas, and all through the town, people wore masks, that covered their frown. The frown had begun way back in the spring when a global pandemic changed everything. They called it corona, but unlike the beer, It didn’t bring good times, it didn’t bring cheer. Airplanes were grounded, travel was banned. Borders were closed across air, sea, and land. As the world entered lockdown to flatten the curve, the economy halted, and folks lost their nerve. From March to July we rode the first wave, people stayed home, they tried to behave. When summer emerged the lockdown was lifted, but away from caution, many folks drifted. Now it’s December and cases are spiking, wave two has arrived, much to our disliking. It’s true that this year has had sadness a-plenty, we’ll never forget the year 2020. And just ‘round the corner - The holiday season, but why be merry? Is there even one reason? To decorate the house and put up the tree, who will see it, no one but me. But outside my window, the snow gently falls, and I think to myself, let’s deck the halls! So, I gather the ribbon, The garland, and bows, as I play those old carols, my happiness grows. Christmas is not canceled and neither is hope. If we lean on each other, I know we can cope! Merry Christmas friends!!!!
1f384.png

Unknown Author

Good article, Jad. I spoke to my brother last week, and was horrified when he said that his adult son was coming from Georgia with his wife and children to visit this week. I was literally speechless, since I realized that there was nothing I could do or say to make him rethink this. He had also expressed his opinions about COVID being a conspiracy many times, so I just wished him a safe holiday.:disappointed:
Ben, I don't even know what to say. Honestly. I just feel for you guys and for the world right now. May you stay safe, my friend.
stay safe BENWAY!

So, there's a thing going on here with a new even more contagious mutant super coronavirus hitting London and the South East of England and the rest of Europe blocking travel to and from us out of sheer terror. Here's the map of where it is: View attachment 29062
Now notice that there is also ONE other place also infected with it... Guess where I live!
I really feel it's just mocking me at this point.
Oh Ben I am so sorry ! Jeeze you need a break

Oh Ben I am so sorry ! Jeeze you need a break
Thanks! I really do and it hasn't stopped. Since then the arm fell off my chair (during New Years Day first coffee). I bought a book and then found it for free on line two days later. Breaking all the laws of probability, I found one of my lost friends right outside my home.. only to find it was because he'd moved in with my next door neighbour who I had a long standing date with (postponed due to the new virus wave most recently) and who I'd fallen in love with. Her bed is on the other side of the wall behind the computer I'm typing this on, so right now she's less than six feet away from me sleeping with my friend.
Although, there was a study which found that people who'd had Covid had an 80% chance of being immune for at least five months and I needed a new alarm clock and bedside lamp and when going out at 3am to shop at the 24 hour petrol station I found both in my building's 'I don't want this anymore, do you?' place and also a five foot high painted wooden giraffe just there in the street, so obviously, it's leering over my shoulder now, because you sometimes don't know what you were missing until you find it, and though it's no substitute for my neighbour it is a massive random nightstalking giraffe....
...And all I can say is that I have never been so bored with so much happening, so afraid though I may be safe or so lonely on a reunion with an old friend, and that I so SO need a break and I can only take solace in the fact that the above (and the news!) proves that this year of madness was not 2020 and is not over yet; rather that was the fake end of a horror movie and we are now living through the final twist of the Chinese year of the metal rat!
Not long left to go now....

Last edited:
It's almost always a newer, more contagious strain because it keeps mutating like you wouldn't believe. Viruses will constantly adapt in an effort to survive and they've done so since the beginning of time.

Reactions: Walking Goose
Status
Not open for further replies.