Life/Stress/Covid Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think I'd have taken it and him to the counter and voiced the 'you drink it, you bought it: pay up' rule at him. With an option of 'or I could buy it and pour it all over your head. Your choice.'
If I were a guy, I would have taken it on, believe me! The atmosphere is so iffy, with people reacting oddly, that I was afraid I would face harm if I said anything at all. I noticed that the cashier, also a female, just watched him do it and said nothing. That's why I called the owner of the market from home and reported it.

packaged-goods-corona-lisa.jpeg
cat-and-then-one-morning-humans-woke-up-and-never-left-our-houses-again.jpeg

Actually, I think I'd have taken it and him to the counter and voiced the 'you drink it, you bought it: pay up' rule at him. With an option of 'or I could buy it and pour it all over your head. Your choice.'
Well stated Ben. I have to ask ... how did you know about the couple on the beer?

It's been bugging me for months, in the back of my mind there was a song that perfectly describes the toll this virus is taking on many of us. Tonight one of those little memory bubbles must have burst, it came to me instantaneously.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman

It's been bugging me for months, in the back of my mind there was a song that perfectly describes the toll this virus is taking on many of us. Tonight one of those little memory bubbles must have burst, it came to me instantaneously.
The soldier smiling softly sings a song of sad farewell
As the train pulls out to take him far from home
His children waving gaily without knowing he has gone
Now you know what I feel.
And the thoughts that always greet you
Every morning when you rise
They never ever change they're just the same
When you're weary to extreme
And you never laugh or cry
You're just a sheet of glass behind a frame.
The best days of your life are when you don't know right from wrong
When the fantasies around you seem so real
And reality is really as fantastic as your dreams
Now you know how I feel.
So the train pulls out forever, just a whistle and it's gone
And the station disappears before your eyes
In time the rails will rust and you'll forget that you've been there
Now I know how you feel.

Well stated Ben. I have to ask ... how did you know about the couple on the beer?
The guy told me. I may have been assistant manager (or ass manager, as I liked to joke*) but I was very friendly and down to earth. We were chatting about stupid things we'd done at work and he dropped that bombshell. I had to give a speech. Honestly! I know I pointed out that they were only employed 15 hours a week and had 153 hours to boff each other senseless, but we were paying them a pittance to keep their pants on for just a few hours a week and do some work and also that if I ever heard that the shop had been mysteriously shut when they were working from any customer then they would have to shag at McDonalds instead. I didn't put it in any report though or tell the manager. We stayed friendly and I don't think they did it again. Honestly, people do get annoyed if the shop's shut, so it would have been found out.

I never did anything like that at work. I just built a gigantic throne out of cases of booze and would sit on it surveying my kingdom and saying 'my precious' a lot.

*which was pretty appropriate in this case

Last edited:
Lesson learned--Don't mix hand sanitizer with liquid antibacterial soap.

*Note to self--Next time, buy the colored liquid soap, not the clear liquid soap

Some strange things happen sometimes as I look for things to add to the forum. Today, I used an old source I sometimes go to for questions of the day that were written and posted years ago. These are filed under off the wall questions. So, here they are:

21. What would be your strategy for surviving an apocalyptic epidemic?

Another one that is a bit off the wall, but I’m sure we’ve all thought about it. Especially with how popular post apocalyptic shows, movies, and books are. This one is an easy one to expand into a long conversation, because you can discuss the merits of each strategy compared with each scenario. I mean, there have literally been books written about this. So yeah, lots to talk about. Especially if you two are into the post apocalyptic genre.

25. If you could replace the handshake as a greeting, what interesting new greeting would you replace it with?

This is a rather silly question, but it can be a lot of fun. Plus it’s doubly hilarious when you both try out different greetings. Try out secret hand shakes or high fives with elbows, you are only limited by your creativity.

These aren't from a new page out there...goes back about 10 years! What was off the wall is now reality!

Status
Not open for further replies.