Life/Stress/Covid Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I saw something that I absolutely could not believe.

I was shopping at a local grocery store and witnessed an employee go over to the refrigerated drinks section. He opened the door, picked up a gallon of iced tea, took off the top, and had a swig out of the bottle. He then replaced the top and put the beverage back in the refrigerator!:eek:
I hope you were able to report that! OMG!

Reactions: Benway and Lynne
Wow! I was stunned and didn't think to report it because there was a girl standing at the cash register and she saw him and said or did nothing. I just called the main number and spoke to the owner of the market, so I told him what I saw. Hope he does something!

this pandemic has been nuts. I went from being a full time 'social distancing' guard, to working 2 days a week. so I've been keeping busy so I stay sane (staying sane is a challenge for me either way :cool:) so I built a computer, a desk, a lamp from scratch, and been learning about investigating and editing. it's been an interesting summer.

Does anyone have the feeling that Charleh is going to back into something and become the next Bill Gates ?

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
After 9/11, many changes happened and never went back to what was. I think this is another time when we see major changes take place. The Wheel has turned once again.
There's no parallel in England. We were used to IRA terrorist attacks already, so there was no big change in that wave of attacks. This is something else and really has changed everything. I'm not sure how it is everywhere, but when the government ended lockdown and said 'okay, back to work', a lot of people said, 'hahaha.... No.' and carried on working from home if they could. Going out is different. You can spot a denier a mile away. I can't count the times I walked to the side of a path to let somebody by with some space and they smiled and thanked me. Double decker buses are back. Older people downstairs, all three of them and one person on the top deck, typically. I talk to people (at a distance... Okay, I'm going to have to leave it there as I just burnt my finger! OWWWW!!!!!

Today I saw something that I absolutely could not believe.

I was shopping at a local grocery store and witnessed an employee go over to the refrigerated drinks section. He opened the door, picked up a gallon of iced tea, took off the top, and had a swig out of the bottle. He then replaced the top and put the beverage back in the refrigerator!:eek:
That employee would have been getting a Talk from me and that is at least as bad as being punched in the face. Then I would be taking it up with manager, which would still be a blessing compared to me giving a lecture. Seriously. What the hell? I had a couple who I was supervisor for have sex on top of the beer delivery once, but at least that was wrapped in plastic which we could throw away. And at least that has some sort of ballsy style. Drinking and putting it back is just... wretchedly lousy. What an asshole.

That employee would have been getting a Talk from me and that is at least as bad as being punched in the face. Then I would be taking it up with manager, which would still be a blessing compared to me giving a lecture. Seriously. What the hell? I had a couple who I was supervisor for have sex on top of the beer delivery once, but at least that was wrapped in plastic which we could throw away. And at least that has some sort of ballsy style. Drinking and putting it back is just... wretchedly lousy. What an asshole.
Actually, I think I'd have taken it and him to the counter and voiced the 'you drink it, you bought it: pay up' rule at him. With an option of 'or I could buy it and pour it all over your head. Your choice.'

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.