1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cans (21 oz.) cherry pie filling

For the Glaze:
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
3 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a jelly roll pan (12x17) with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.

In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar, about 1-2 minutes. Add salt, eggs, and vanilla and almond flavorings and continue stirring until fully incorporated. Add flour and baking powder and mix until just combined. Reserve 1 3/4 cup of dough. Spread/Press remaining dough into the prepared baking pan. Top with cherry pie filling. Drop remaining batter in small pieces over the cherry filling.
Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled prepare the glaze. Whisk together confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth and drizzle over the bars. Cut into 35 squares and serve.

This is really easy and I used to make these all the time. Time to get me some Cherry pie filling!

Wow! Cherry Bars! I want to make that! But cherries? I wonder if dried cherries can make pie filling?

Reactions: 7Critter
Recipe time!

CHERRY BARS FOR A CROWD

View attachment 24012
For the Bars:
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
5 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cans (21 oz.) cherry pie filling

For the Glaze:
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
3 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a jelly roll pan (12x17) with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.

In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar, about 1-2 minutes. Add salt, eggs, and vanilla and almond flavorings and continue stirring until fully incorporated. Add flour and baking powder and mix until just combined. Reserve 1 3/4 cup of dough. Spread/Press remaining dough into the prepared baking pan. Top with cherry pie filling. Drop remaining batter in small pieces over the cherry filling.
Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled prepare the glaze. Whisk together confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth and drizzle over the bars. Cut into 35 squares and serve.

This is really easy and I used to make these all the time. Time to get me some Cherry pie filling!
Little tip on these...if you add a bit of cream cheese to that frosting mixture, it''s even better!

I posted earlier that hair dye is the next TP! lol I've not dyed my hair in years. I'm blessed with naturally darker hair to begin with due to the Native American genes running around in me, but I just noticed that I have one white streak in front now. I would have paid for highlights like this one...lol

And despite me threatening to cut it, I still have the longest hair I've ever had since I haven't cut it in 2 years now. What the heck, may as well go with it.

Coffee filters may give hair coloring a run for its money as the next hard to find item. They have become the insert of choice for homemade masks. It took us 3-4 tries to finally score a box of #4 conical filters, much to Mrs Duke's relief. She's now going to try to get multiple uses out of filters by dumping the coffee and drying them out for reuse.

Coffee filters may give hair coloring a run for its money as the next hard to find item. They have become the insert of choice for homemade masks. It took us 3-4 tries to finally score a box of #4 conical filters, much to Mrs Duke's relief. She's now going to try to get multiple uses out of filters by dumping the coffee and drying them out for reuse.
I've done that and it works. And yeah, already having problems getting them, although I was lucky to already have some on hand.

Around here I can get toilet paper no problem, but for some reason eggs sell out every day, so I have to go out earlier and line up for those. And forget cheap beer! There is never any left even at mid day! I remember when the 'no excess stock... just enough for one week of average sales' mantra became business law when I was working in shops around 2000ish. It was stupid then and its exposed as stupid now that we have artificial shortages of things! Beer tp, and filters last for months. They could have stocked enough for a surge in demand with no long term loss and cleaned up when we needed them.

This is something that comes out tasting WAY better than you would expect from something so easy and fast to make. It is about as easy as making a cake from a box mix but tastes like a made from scratch old family recipe.

Apple Pie Sopapilla Cheesecake Or take out the Apple pie filling and it is just a Sopapilla Cheesecake or replace the apple with Cherry pie filling.

Apple Pie Sopapilla Cheesecake

2 cans crescent rolls
2 8-oz boxes cream cheese
3/4 C granulated sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1 can apple pie filling ( I used lite)
1 stick of butter
1 tsp cinnamon

In a 9x13 pan, spray with Pam, line bottom of the pan with one can of crescent rolls, pinching together & spreading to cover the bottom completely. Mix cream cheese with 3/4 cup of granulated sugar. Spread mixture over the layer of rolls. chop pie filling into smaller pieces while in the can. Spread apple pie filling on top of the cream cheese layer. Spread the second can of rolls on top, pinching together to cover completely. Melt butter, add 3/4 cup of brown sugar & the cinnamon, mix well. Pour over top of the dessert. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes until set & light golden brown. Cool completely before cutting

Reactions: 7Critter
Status
Not open for further replies.