Life/Stress/Covid Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rough day. Had to get up the courage to go over to the local hospital for lab work and X-rays ordered by my Rheumatologist; I'd been procrastinating for nearly one month! When I came in, there was hospital staff, masked and taking people's temperatures with those forehead thermometers. Felt like I was in a sci-fi movie. I was weak from fasting, but thankfully it went quickly and I came home, changed clothes, and threw everything including my coat into the wash. Whew!

Reactions: Donna K. and Benway
Rough day. Had to get up the courage to go over to the local hospital for lab work and X-rays ordered by my Rheumatologist; I'd been procrastinating for nearly one month! When I came in, there was hospital staff, masked and taking people's temperatures with those forehead thermometers. Felt like I was in a sci-fi movie. I was weak from fasting, but thankfully it went quickly and I came home, changed clothes, and threw everything including my coat into the wash. Whew!
My pulmonary doc had his nurse call to check on us today and cancel appts. Our local hospital has been turned into the county "receiving and screening" center for COVID-19 patients. They have moved the offices of the regular docs and moved them and a lab to another facility to keep everyone out. I think most hospitals are now going full screening at the doors before they let you in. We also now have designated ambulances that only roll for suspected COVID patients, and they are all being fully disinfected after each run. And I don't mean by a simple wipe down...they are using pressure washers to do a full spray inside. Takes about an hour and a half to do a full turn around back in service.

Glad you are home and safe!

Bargersville Community Fire Department
22 hrs ·

Crews took a new approach to disinfecting our Isolation ambulance utilizing a Stihl Mist Blower on the patient compartment. The mister blankets the rear of the ambulance with a diluted bleach solution to kill any existing virus’s such at Covid-19. This will help speed up the turn a round in service time and keep our patients and personnel safe. #wearejoco #indianastrong #covid19 #waroncovid19

Johnson Memorial Hospital has become a respiratory care center. The hospital’s satellite offices in Greenwood and Whiteland are for non-respiratory illnesses only, so people can still receive care without worrying about being exposed to the virus, Dunkle said.

Also, to avoid foot traffic at local doctor’s offices, local physicians have increased telehealth, where people can call their doctors with non-emergency issues for over-the-phone evaluations or to get a prescription filled, Dunkle said.

Dose of reality: Local health care providers respond to growing health crisis

My pulmonary doc had his nurse call to check on us today and cancel appts. Our local hospital has been turned into the county "receiving and screening" center for COVID-19 patients. They have moved the offices of the regular docs and moved them and a lab to another facility to keep everyone out. I think most hospitals are now going full screening at the doors before they let you in. We also now have designated ambulances that only roll for suspected COVID patients, and they are all being fully disinfected after each run. And I don't mean by a simple wipe down...they are using pressure washers to do a full spray inside. Takes about an hour and a half to do a full turn around back in service.

Glad you are home and safe!

One of Mrs Duke's hospital nurse friends put on FB they are being told to remove their scrubs/lab coats before entering their home if at all possible. The preferred approach is to remove clothes in a garage, then allow them to sit outside the home for several hours before washing them in hot water.

One of Mrs Duke's hospital nurse friends put on FB they are being told to remove their scrubs/lab coats before entering their home if at all possible. The preferred approach is to remove clothes in a garage, then allow them to sit outside the home for several hours before washing them in hot water.
Yup. Heard that but forgot to share so thank you, Duke. I also heard shoes.

My mammogram is canceled until further notice (not complaining there!) and my upcoming doctor appointment will be a phone call. I am glad on both counts!

Reactions: Donna K. and Benway
Wow that doctors office change sounds dramatic (well planned ) scary. It’s been ten days since asked seniors & coexisting health conditions to stay home, and I don’t know how long since Governor directed everyone to stay home.

I am learning how to live with a distance worker do meetings and work online home all day. I received anxious calls from my children but am all caught up on my inhalers. Needing to learn how to do telemedicine appointments try for RX refill . Everything is going online Still need to join my new neighborhoods webpage group, learn how more bills paid online. Eh yikes I just want to sew or draw can’t focus on hard stuff.

back to the paranormal : I awoke jarred from my sleep when a loud rumble vibration shook the house, it just went on and on a bass roar hum and then stunning silence. After a daylong run of ambulances wails, the silent sound was pure dark and peaceful , I fell back asleep. Another startle awake ground shook hum filled the air! And then it was silent. This began again when the sun had come up. By this time I am about to google unknown sounds on the internet, images of concerned newscasters broadcasting interviews on bugles and strange hums. Then a Harley roared to life and lept out of its weeks long capture indoors with it owner finally emerged next door to daylight. Neighbor Josh, the old retired prison carpenter, railing against the Governor’s stay home order had been revving up his old Harley in the garage again. Nothing paranormal here, keep on walking don’t look, it’s just nothing.

Last edited:
Yup. Heard that but forgot to share so thank you, Duke. I also heard shoes.

So if the medical folks are wearing their scrubs and lab coats home, aren't they potentially infecting their cars? Are they supposed to spray the car interior down with Lysol?

I asked why they don't shower and change clothes before leaving the hospital, wife says they don't have facilities for an entire staff to do that at most hospitals.

So if the medical folks are wearing their scrubs and lab coats home, aren't they potentially infecting their cars? Are they supposed to spray the car interior down with Lysol?

I asked why they don't shower and change clothes before leaving the hospital, wife says they don't have facilities for an entire staff to do that at most hospitals.
This is where the problem lies. The recommendations for cleaning the cars is to use alcohol. It's safe on the car interiors. That was what I read two days ago. Lysol spray on fabric seats....if you can even find the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.