Life/Stress/Covid Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This video is goosebump material for me. I feel it through out my body and it makes me teary-eyed.

Dedicated to all family and friends that we lost recently.

Hello, we shall see you again

Pass the Kleenex, please.

There is a way outa here, out of this covid mess; knowledge + best practices + patience and most of all support for one another. Music helps too.

Crank it up and forget about the outside world for four minutes. Aaaaah, don't you feel better.

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: Lynne and Benway
There is a way outa here, out of this covid mess; knowledge + best practices + patience and most of all support for one another. Music helps too.

Crank it up and forget about the outside world for four minutes. Aaaaah, don't you feel better.
Love this one. Takes me back....ahhhhhh....feels good.

Reactions: 7Critter and Benway
I used to love this song but gave it a break (as songs can get worn out) and went back to it today to find it meant something very different to me! At the point where he sings about being asphyxiated just wrenched me back to a year ago struggling for breath and trying to get help... and on. It captures how I felt when I was sure I was going to die and just hated it and wanted to survive.

'You will squeeze the life out of me'.
I'm in tears typing this. I needed to let this out and I've just been stuck here and nobody wrote songs about this, but this is close enough and I'm going to be listening to this a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: garnetsilver
I used to love this song but gave it a break (as songs can get worn out) and went back to it today to find it meant something very different to me! At the point where he sings about being asphyxiated just wrenched me back to a year ago struggling for breath and trying to get help... and on. It captures how I felt when I was sure I was going to die and just hated it and wanted to survive.

'You will squeeze the life out of me'.
I'm in tears typing this. I needed to let this out and I've just been stuck here and nobody wrote songs about this, but this is close enough and I'm going to be listening to this a lot.
Sending you a hug, Ben. I know that feeling....I went into respiratory arrest and when my O2 drops for whatever reason it's so damn scary. Fighting for breath. People have no idea unless they've been through it.

It's one of the reasons I've pushed for people to wear the damn mask and quit complaining about it. If it works, fewer people will experience this. If it really doesn't, it hurt no one.

Reactions: Benway
Sending you a hug, Ben. I know that feeling....I went into respiratory arrest and when my O2 drops for whatever reason it's so damn scary. Fighting for breath. People have no idea unless they've been through it.

It's one of the reasons I've pushed for people to wear the damn mask and quit complaining about it. If it works, fewer people will experience this. If it really doesn't, it hurt no one.
Thankyou so much. It means a lot coming from you because you know what it's like. I've been really lucky and whenever I think about this I think of you and hate that things went so badly for you. You were here when I was going through that and it meant everything to me. You are right that people will never understand unless they've been through it. There is just no way to get it across. I hated telling you at the time because I was truly understanding what you had been through for the first time and didn't want to open that, but you were the best person who could have been there, because you know how it feels. We often miss each other, but that time, you were there and there is no way I can thank you enough for keeping me going.
Debi, you are a wonderful person and I am so glad I met you.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.