Life/Stress/Covid Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lost people to this virus. It is irritating to me to hear from those who say it's all a hoax. This disease is real. The virus is real. Those are the facts. Now, everything else people can argue about, but I'm sticking with the mask and protecting myself and my family and to help protect my friends still in the frontlines of the healthcare field who are battling this everyday.

One of my coworkers lost his father because of it and he thought he'd nearly contracted it himself because of the negligence of others, but thankfully, he tested negative. My younger brother and I are in the same line of work and we've been labeled as essential workers. Earlier this year when everyone was buying literally everything, I refrained from working my biggest account no matter what they said and thought because the store was packed back to back. I wasn't taking any chances.

Reactions: Benway and Debi

Our Governor has just announced new restrictions. Finally. Our hospitals are filling up fast and in my area few are following the mask mandate or social distancing. I live in an "orange" county, which is fast edging up to a red one.

Reactions: Benway
I still saw very few people wearing masks today. There were about between 6 to 10 people in my second store today and I only saw one other person other than myself wearing one. But thankfully, people aren't crowding each other, either. But mask wear has just been disregarded because as the article you posted said, they've just left their guard down.

I've lost people to this virus. It is irritating to me to hear from those who say it's all a hoax. This disease is real. The virus is real. Those are the facts. Now, everything else people can argue about, but I'm sticking with the mask and protecting myself and my family and to help protect my friends still in the frontlines of the healthcare field who are battling this everyday.

Listen... it is INCREDIBLE and truly PITIFUL (if you think on it) that so many are this ignorant. HOLD - STAY - MASKED! It is such a very small small small thing... to do for your neighbors and this country and the world. I am told, by a wise old man, that those who willingly strut and sputter and remain uncaring about their neighbors... are being COUNTED and it will not go well for them... even in the scope of what COULD be. It is far surpassing that. Their payment. I am also told that the innocents who are suffering and dying because of their lack of compassion... are even now Standing on the frontline of what is coming at them. Just be thankful and AWARE that there are FAR WORSE fates then ever sensed before. Hold Hold HOLD Children.

"The best ways to stop a mask from fogging up your glasses"

I'm surprised the author of this story didn't mention commercial products designed to spray/wipe onto lens to prevent fogging. I have a paste I've used for some time to clean my glasses and prevent fogging in the winter. I bought it several years ago at a gun show, unfortunately the label fell off and I have no details on the name or manufacturer of the product. There are a number of them that pop up if you Google "eyeglasses cleaner defogger."

"The best ways to stop a mask from fogging up your glasses"

I'm surprised the author of this story didn't mention commercial products designed to spray/wipe onto lens to prevent fogging. I have a paste I've used for some time to clean my glasses and prevent fogging in the winter. I bought it several years ago at a gun show, unfortunately the label fell off and I have no details on the name or manufacturer of the product. There are a number of them that pop up if you Google "eyeglasses cleaner defogger."
Those products work very well. Highly recommend them and almost all I've used in the past are about equal.

Reactions: Donna K.
41c41f.jpg

The masks made for Ford have a wire in the nose that can be punched to fit the nose bridge. They work well, I would look for something similar.

Reactions: Donna K. and Benway
Status
Not open for further replies.