Life/Stress/Covid Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how the clear cutout makes the wear-er more human.
My Peoria daughter in law is partially deaf. She wears double hearing aids, but she also reads lips a lot even with those. She has been having a devil of a time with the masks. I'm used to dealing with partially deaf people as my husband and his late father also suffered from this and I know that lip reading is often the way even those with hearing aids function. My husband uses headphones to hear music and we use closed caption here on tv, but when it comes to speaking, he needs to do a lot of lip reading.

All people use lip reading more than they realize. When I worked in a shipyard we used to hate dealing with new people because it was like they were deaf. When you first come to work there the sounds overwhelm you. after a while though you get used to it and can "hear" people talking to you again. you realize eventually that you are using lip-reading to "hear" what is being said because you can still hear pretty well even with earplugs in. You take what you CAN hear and fill in the gaps with lip reading. You only notice this when you are dealing with new people or when you are trying to talk to someone with a mask on. I used to be able to sign some. That is a fairly useful thing to know for several reasons.

At Last... My Last patient covid discharge from ward and fully recover.. Now enjoy my rest day so i recover my stamina for what Will happen in future.. .hope that everyone stay safe.. I pray all stay in good health.. Stay clean... Be careful..

At Last... My Last patient covid discharge from ward and fully recover.. Now enjoy my rest day so i recover my stamina for what Will happen in future.. .hope that everyone stay safe.. I pray all stay in good health.. Stay clean... Be careful..
I'm so glad you are still safe, Xera. And thank you for being a front line hero for your country.

Reactions: 7Critter
Status
Not open for further replies.