Life Path Event

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Sometimes in life we encounter an event that sets you on a course for your future. This happened to me when I was about 11. I was just becoming aware of TV news stories, and I heard one that absolutely struck me in the gut. The story was of a newborn baby being stolen from his mother in the hospital by a woman dressed as a nurse.

When this happened, I went to school and organized my very first prayer group. At recess, about 5 of us gathered together and prayed for this child and the family. This went on for the span of about a week, but it also let me know my mission was going to be to help others and also set my feet upon the path of spiritual study. I remember this clear as day and have thought about that event many times over the years wondering what became of this case. It surely helped shape me into who I am today.

Now, many years after 1964, I have the answer.

Sometimes in life we encounter an event that sets you on a course for your future. This happened to me when I was about 11. I was just becoming aware of TV news stories, and I heard one that absolutely struck me in the gut. The story was of a newborn baby being stolen from his mother in the hospital by a woman dressed as a nurse.

When this happened, I went to school and organized my very first prayer group. At recess, about 5 of us gathered together and prayed for this child and the family. This went on for the span of about a week, but it also let me know my mission was going to be to help others and also set my feet upon the path of spiritual study. I remember this clear as day and have thought about that event many times over the years wondering what became of this case. It surely helped shape me into who I am today.

Now, many years after 1964, I have the answer.

How great that the mother was able to talk with her son before he died .