Let's talk about the so-called New British Rock Scene.

nataliadonnelly

Reaction score
For a few days now, the new British Rock bands have caught my attention, these have achieved a good critical acclaim.
These bands are: Black Country, New Road; Squid; Black Midi or the Irish Fontaines D.C.
What do you think of these bands? Is it a renaissance of Rock?

Reactions: Lynne
For a few days now, the new British Rock bands have caught my attention, these have achieved a good critical acclaim.
These bands are: Black Country, New Road; Squid; Black Midi or the Irish Fontaines D.C.
What do you think of these bands? Is it a renaissance of Rock?
I have not heard of any of these groups, but no my curiosity is piqued :)

Ok i tried all but irish font. Squid reminds me of Talking Heads. Not really my cup of tea. I wouldn't call it a renaissance. At least not yet. I grew up mainly in the 80's and listened to many bands through 60's...70's and 80's to current. The younger generations certainly have a different music attraction than say i do. I will always give benefit of the doubt and give ANY piece of music a chance. For metal, i'd say the 70's and 80's being the renaissance. We wouldn't have any of it without original Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I am in America and unfamiliar with these bands. I love the older rock sound and bet they’re good groups.