Let's go to bed...

The famous Deepak Chopra says that if we could fall asleep before 10 pm and we would be in tune with the earth's natural schedule and we would sleep better and wake refreshed. Of course in this modern age of artificial lights and internet, it is very difficult to do. My mind is constantly going and it is hard to shut it down at night!

Sleeping is one of the many things I don't do well, six hours a night is a luxury. What fascinates me are people who can fall asleep seemingly at will. Two groups I've seen who can do this are medical and military types. My wife and daughter, both ICU nurses, can sleep anywhere, anytime. Similarly, military members I worked with for years could go to sleep at the drop of a hat. As one former Vietnam vet told me, "You learn to sleep when you can."

I truly envy people who can sleep the minute they hit the sack, and wake refreshed.
I never wake up refreshed either, Garnet. And it doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I've had. I always say: "I feel like I need a night's sleep to get over the night's sleep I've just had!" I've been like that for the last 20 years...

If I let my body tell me when it is bedtime, I usually fall asleep within a few minutes. I sleep about six hours. If I am busy or push past my usual bedtime, I later struggle to fall asleep.

In addition to my six hours, I like to take a nap in the early afternoon. Again, I let my body tell me when it's naptime.

If I let my body tell me when it is bedtime, I usually fall asleep within a few minutes. I sleep about six hours. If I am busy or push past my usual bedtime, I later struggle to fall asleep.

In addition to my six hours, I like to take a nap in the early afternoon. Again, I let my body tell me when it's naptime.
I have learned the value of a good nap. I just have one issue...
229176970_856488888316033_6046418824646195733_n.jpg

I hate it when I wake up and it's evening and for one moment, I can't tell if it is morning or night!

Reactions: Lone Wolf