Let the invasion begin?

Selectric

Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
I've heard of these Lanternflies for quite awhile now. I began noticing these strange bugs walking around on my deck within the past few weeks. I always pictured the 'moth' version of these things, not knowing the 'nymph' stages. I am seeing these things more frequently now and it is time to squash this invasive pest. I distinctly remember the gypsy moth invasion and how fast they spread like a damn plague. It was surreal as a child going outside to see the ground 'moving'. Let's hope there is a plan in action to counteract this new threat. I guess until then, kill as many of these things before it gets to that stage. Here's what these things look like... USDA APHIS | Spotted Lanternfly

• Sad
Reactions: garnetsilver
I've heard of these Lanternflies for quite awhile now. I began noticing these strange bugs walking around on my deck within the past few weeks. I always pictured the 'moth' version of these things, not knowing the 'nymph' stages. I am seeing these things more frequently now and it is time to squash this invasive pest. I distinctly remember the gypsy moth invasion and how fast they spread like a damn plague. It was surreal as a child going outside to see the ground 'moving'. Let's hope there is a plan in action to counteract this new threat. I guess until then, kill as many of these things before it gets to that stage. Here's what these things look like... USDA APHIS | Spotted Lanternfly
Did you report them to your local farm bureau or something. They need to be eradicated. This was a new one to me, I hadnt heard of them. Another problem we dont kneed

Did you report them to your local farm bureau or something. They need to be eradicated. This was a new one to me, I hadnt heard of them. Another problem we dont kneed
I did. There is a link you can go on site i posted above. It helps track their spread as well.

Reactions: garnetsilver
While doing yard today, i saw 2 adult lantern flies. Stinkin' things. I killed them of course. I was wondering why i haven't seen any nymphs lately...guess i know why. Hope county sprays or does something about them. They aren't rampant, but they still could become a problem.

Reactions: Lynne