Lessons from Piglet

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
344435548_641075317835287_2491148480444482346_n.jpg

Today was a Difficult Day," said Pooh.
There was a pause.
"Do you want to talk about it?" asked Piglet.
"No," said Pooh after a bit. "No, I don't think I do."
"That's okay," said Piglet, and he came and sat beside his friend.
"What are you doing?" asked Pooh.
"Nothing, really," said Piglet. "Only, I know what Difficult Days are like. I quite often don't feel like talking about it on my Difficult Days either.
"But goodness," continued Piglet, "Difficult Days are so much easier when you know you've got someone there for you. And I'll always be here for you, Pooh."
And as Pooh sat there, working through in his head his Difficult Day, while the solid, reliable Piglet sat next to him quietly, swinging his little legs...he thought that his best friend had never been more right."
A.A. Milne

View attachment 47946
Today was a Difficult Day," said Pooh.
There was a pause.
"Do you want to talk about it?" asked Piglet.
"No," said Pooh after a bit. "No, I don't think I do."
"That's okay," said Piglet, and he came and sat beside his friend.
"What are you doing?" asked Pooh.
"Nothing, really," said Piglet. "Only, I know what Difficult Days are like. I quite often don't feel like talking about it on my Difficult Days either.
"But goodness," continued Piglet, "Difficult Days are so much easier when you know you've got someone there for you. And I'll always be here for you, Pooh."
And as Pooh sat there, working through in his head his Difficult Day, while the solid, reliable Piglet sat next to him quietly, swinging his little legs...he thought that his best friend had never been more right."
A.A. Milne
Awesome right there...

I went from learning to read at age 4 to my dad's sci-fi paperback collection at 5.

Kind of left Pooh back on earth.

I taught my daughter to read at 4 and I think it was one of the best things I could have possibly done.

Reactions: crux and Lynne
I went from learning to read at age 4 to my dad's sci-fi paperback collection at 5.

Kind of left Pooh back on earth.

I taught my daughter to read at 4 and I think it was one of the best things I could have possibly done.
It is my belief that most of the basics needed in life can be found in a well written children's book.

Reactions: Lynne
I don't ever remember reading Pooh. Not sure why, but if the above quote is an example of what the stories are about, then thumbs up.
You should totally do it, Selectric! They're great stories with lovely bits of wisdom and philosophy running through them.

I have a friend who did his psychology degree thesis on Winnie The Pooh.

Reactions: Lynne