Leo Ashcraft

B

Bob Bain

Here is the place to discuss Leo Ashcraft and Dark Matter News.

Leo Ashcraft

14 hrs ·
Ahh look at this. They claim they only brought in $12,000 in August and September. And this is my cut. Yet they dont give me a dime from the 12,000 time travelers where they have and continue to use my news product? Well over $120,000 of dollars missing from that($60k each month for time travelers for August & September) $12,000 figure don't you think? Keith Rowland has sent me the following which I will not accept the funds as it is a trick to get me to accept this as final payment. $120.17 for three months of work. Still its not a huge sum - $1400 bucks - but they are so greedy - here they try to scam me to accept $120.17

12096078_1699273113692243_2154190615688584702_n.jpg

Reactions: Lynne
Whether you agree with Art or Leo, nobody in their right mind can deny that Art and Keith are screwing Leo out what he has earned. Especially if Dark Matter News isn't licensed to be aired on the archived shows, or are not properly paid for.

Reactions: Lynne
Leo Ashcraft
15 hrs · Edited ·
Ok for those that are saying its not tough to find someone to read the news. I agree! This isnt rip and read off the AP wire though. But beyond that - my part of MITD went beyond DMN which was a very small part. Some of these included handling all of the affiliate stations, from marketing, setup, and support. Guess what - all of those funds came out of my pocket - to the tune of more than $10,000 over the past three months. Have they reimbursed me? No. Have they paid my split of the program proceeds? No. So if you want this job and would like to Pay Art a few thousand dollars each month to have it. All power to you! enjoy the mediation of fights between Art and the affiliates - thats super fun.

From what I do know Leo's own company (Nexus Broadcasting) was responsible for setting Art up with XDS satellite broadcasting... and that may not happen now.

Last edited:
Here is the place to discuss Leo Ashcraft and Dark Matter News.
Leo Ashcraft

14 hrs ·
Ahh look at this. They claim they only brought in $12,000 in August and September. And this is my cut. Yet they dont give me a dime from the 12,000 time travelers where they have and continue to use my news product? Well over $120,000 of dollars missing from that($60k each month for time travelers for August & September) $12,000 figure don't you think? Keith Rowland has sent me the following which I will not accept the funds as it is a trick to get me to accept this as final payment. $120.17 for three months of work. Still its not a huge sum - $1400 bucks - but they are so greedy - here they try to scam me to accept $120.17
View attachment 2668
Leo Ashcraft
15 hrs · Edited ·
Ok for those that are saying its not tough to find someone to read the news. I agree! This isnt rip and read off the AP wire though. But beyond that - my part of MITD went beyond DMN which was a very small part. Some of these included handling all of the affiliate stations, from marketing, setup, and support. Guess what - all of those funds came out of my pocket - to the tune of more than $10,000 over the past three months. Have they reimbursed me? No. Have they paid my split of the program proceeds? No. So if you want this job and would like to Pay Art a few thousand dollars each month to have it. All power to you! enjoy the mediation of fights between Art and the affiliates - thats super fun.

From what I do know Leo's own company (Nexus Broadcasting) was responsible for setting Art up with XDS satellite broadcasting... and that may not happen now.
Thanks for the information TechBob+ and for this thread. I expect many to share their opinion. If this is true, It is sad to see Art / Keith treat Leo this way. Art should be completely above board and treat Leo fairly. Even if its not entirely true the perception is that it is true. I say ART, step up and do the right thing. And to Leo, I say, you come off as a bad guy also airing your grievances publicly. It's a lose / lose situation. I hope that Art and Leo can come to a mutually satisfying agreement on payment. I don't expect Leo to ever provide services to Art again, sorry to say.

I say ART, step up and do the right thing. And to Leo, I say, you come off as a bad guy also airing your grievances publicly. It's a lose / lose situation.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better. When I listen to a show, I want to hear the show and it's content, not drama. Goddess knows I have enough of my own.

It just seems to me that both sides need to work together and come to mutual parting terms that pay Leo for the services he has provided; including the payment of licensing Dark Matter News for the archives.

Leo has said that he told Premier that he wasn't interested in selling out or licensing to them.
He told Art the same thing and apparently has an audio recording of that conversation if Art wants to continue playing the "blame game".

Now I don't know Leo from any random hole in the ground but I believe in treating people right and paying them what they deserve. I could understand not paying people if the show or host was new and just starting out; and then back paying once the show makes money.

Art Bell is a millionaire.
He spent 20 grand on equipment to start MITD.

Reactions: Maphoo and Debi
Whether you agree with Art or Leo, nobody in their right mind can deny that Art and Keith are screwing Leo out what he has earned. Especially if Dark Matter News isn't licensed to be aired on the archived shows, or are not properly paid for.
my opinion ONLY....
I think ANY conclusion on my part...
Art and Keith are cheating Leo
or
Leo is in the wrong...
IS IMPOSSIBLE
I am aware Leo own(ed) Nexus..
I do know he set up XDS
I did NOT know Leo's other responsibilities
I was of the opinion Leo was shutting down Nexus...getting out.
HOWEVER
WITHOUT FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF CONTRACTS AND COMPENSATION AGREED UPON BY LEO, ART AND KEITH...
I AM UNABLE TO MAKE ANY COMMENT INDICATING WHO IS RIGHT, WHO HAS BEEN WRONGED.....
Conclusion
Get all your documents in order, hire an attorney nd settle this in civil court .....
Facebook and on air is NO WAY TO SOLVE THIS....wait and post and broadcast AFTER the court renders judgement .....(all first request the court to render ANY JUDGEMENT as a matter of PUBLIC RECORD)

...And so it has begun.

These are the stations Art has lost.

• KQRP
  • KALH
  • KFTW
  • KJMR
  • KTSQ
  • KZPZ
  • WEFA
  • WZQR