Legos and stuff

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
MY 40 SOMETHING SON JUST BOUGHT SOME LEGOS...FOR HIMSELF. IT'S THE VOLTRON SET. HE'S EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THIS NEW TOY THAT IS AIMED AT ADULTS WHO REMEMBER THE JOY OF THE TOY. THEY MAKE A LOT OF TOYS NOW FROM BACK IN THE DAY, INCLUDING COLORING BOOKS FOR GROWN UPS!

WHAT TOY WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY YOURSELF?

67739954_1327114047447068_41880651305058304_n.jpg

I always wanted a rock tumbler that polished the rocks for you. Santa brought the one with the grinding wheel that took hours of me holding a piece. As soon as the sandpaper wore out you had to buy replacements. You know how that went. :(

A giant wooden jigsaw puzzle! I bought a small wooden puzzle for my granddaughter, and it made me want a larger one for myself.
I used to love puzzles, but I think I'd go with the coloring book now. It's supposed to relax you, and I've had my share of puzzles left behind me in aggravation before. :oops:

My partner enjoys the colouring books - especially the sweary ones!

I made my own stone tumbler, and bought all the grits. Trouble was it took weeks in the shed going round and round.

I also wanted an air rifle but wasn't allowed one. So I made my own version of that too. It was a fridge compressor rigged up to a 3ft length of pipe with a washing machine water valve on the end, and used a coke bottle as a reservoir. All very dangerous and mains operated, but good fun. Got told off for making holes in the fences. :(

Lots of things were made rather than bought. - Slot machines - roll a penny, some helicopter game where you can take off and land on pads, a 4wd remote buggy - made from Lego train motors.

So many toys have been banned over the years I would probably want one of those just for the nostalga of owning one.
How about a "Swing Wing" So many kids had pulled neck muscles or brain damage because of that I'm sure. :)

Pop had a gun collection. So I was not deprived of an All-American childhood:) My FBI Uncle would stop by for a visit and accidentally leave behind his full auto M1 carbine:p. (M-2?).
No puzzles for this guy. The frustration angries up the blood.:(

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity