Science LED lights under skin

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Why are 'biohackers' having LED lights implanted under their skin?

Biohack-Implant.jpg

A company spokesperson said: “Northstar V1, much like piercings and cosmetic surgeries, is purely for aesthetic purposes.

"It is a simple device that will prove the possibility of implanting technology in the body and will pave the way for more advanced and functional augmentations."

Writing on its Facebook page, the organisation said many people had become excited at the lights on Tim's Circadia chip and wanted their own.

The post said: "Many people who saw the lights were very excited. They have been waiting years for something like this.

"They asked for them to be made available. We obliged. So, yes, this version of Northstar simply lights up."

He said: “People from the biohacking community wanted it. They contacted us because they wanted to light up their tattoos. That’s how we generate our implants, we let the community inspire us."

OK, I get the tats. I get the piercings. But now we wanna light up like robots????

No. Just no. I am too old fashioned to see this as art. How are these powered anyway ? The device is powered by a 3 volt battery and coated in silicone according to the article. How do you replace the battery ? Not mentioned.

Looking from medical side:
Infection being big concern; skin is largest organ of body, no need to tear it open, shove a foreign body under it and sew it up.
How long does it last? Body could reject component.
Not safe and not smart, imo.

Reactions: Maphoo and 7Critter