Late Night...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

SEEMS TO BE A THING OF THE PAST THESE DAYS, BUT ONCE UPON A TIME, PEOPLE STAYED UP TO WATCH THE JOHNNY CARSON SHOW OR OTHER LATE NIGHT HOSTS.
WERE THERE ANY LATE NIGHT SHOWS THAT BECAME MUST SEE TV FOR YOU?
WHICH HOST DID YOU LIKE BEST?
WHICH GUEST INTERVIEW WAS A STAND OUT?

275985226_5032168123528484_2156259942670709742_n.jpg

Reactions: Lynne
I enjoyed Johnny and the whole monologue he used to do. That was in an age when you could laugh and not worry someone got offended. I also liked Jay Leno. Letterman was OK, but Leno had him beat.

Everyone of an age will remember the infamous hatchet throw by Ed Ames on the Carson show. And if you aren't old enough to know about it, take a look at the vid!

Reactions: Selectric and Paulm
Any Carson show with Don Rickles as a guest was hilarious. The "Art Fern Tea Time Movie" skits were always funny. I also liked when they played "Stump the Band."

Carson was a staple growing-up and much of my life. I remember when the Tonight Show was 90 minutes long. Favorite guests included Pete Barbutti (who is still living, at age 87); I particularly enjoyed comedians.

I have zero interest in late-night shows now. I have no idea who any of the hosts or guests are. Not a movie goer so today's "celebrities" are complete unknowns to me.

Reactions: Selectric and Paulm

SEEMS TO BE A THING OF THE PAST THESE DAYS, BUT ONCE UPON A TIME, PEOPLE STAYED UP TO WATCH THE JOHNNY CARSON SHOW OR OTHER LATE NIGHT HOSTS.

View attachment 39025

I was never a huge late night talk show guy. About as close as i got was Saturday Night Live. When i was young, i would sneak to downstairs and watch Doctor Who, Night Gallery, Benny Hill..etc...if it was on PBS then, i watched. I forget what channel Night Gallery was on, but it was on late.

I liked Jay Leno on the stupid headlines day, My favorite was "City is now in the African American" from a town in the midwest. The story was about the city finally being out of debt. :D I also watched Saturday Night live in the 90's when it was funny. Otherwise, late night was for reading, not watching television.

Reactions: Debi
When I was young I liked “The Tomorrow show”

View attachment 39025

When I was a kid we'd stay up on friday nights to watch The Creature Feature on one of our local channels. Every now and then I'd get to stay up with my dad and watch The Midnight Special with Wolman Jack...those are special memories. When I was a bit older I loved The David Letterman Show, back when it was on after Carson.

Reactions: Lynne
The first "Tonight Show" was hosted by Steve Allen who was my favorite.

Jay Leno on the night he did the headlines. My favorite was "City is now in the African American" (a story about the city no longer being in debt, but the editor knee jerked the headline.