News Lady money, anyone?

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
http://www.dailydot.com/politics/woman-replacing-hamiltion-ten-dollar-bill/

The U.S. Treasury Department announced on Wednesday that, beginning in 2020, the $10 bill will be donning the face of a woman.

The denomination of the bill itself is a bit surprising—an April online petition voted that Harriet Tubman replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill, after legislation was introduced to by Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.) to give the bill a feminine redesign—but the idea to put a woman's face on a paper bill is not a shockingly new one. According to Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, the idea was being discussed before he took office in 2013, and that President Obama called it "a pretty good idea" last year.

The news broke early, after a tweet from the U.S. Institute of Peace's president Nancy Lindbord set off alarms.

Why not just create a new denomination? I've always thought a $25.00 note would make sense.

Reactions: Debi
Actually, a $25 bill would be good! I don't care who's pick is on the darn thing....just let me spend it! :D

Yes, I think they should have added a new denomination. I really don't like when something that has been a tradition for years, is replaced. Jackson has been on the twenty since 1928! So, lets just change it because we can. Women have been depicted on coins since our first coinage in this country, and also on early notes.

Here is Lady Liberty clear back in 1863 on the twenty:

640px-US-%2420-LT-1863-Fr-126b.jpg

I also don't like when they do this with street names. A lot of street names in the city I grew up in have changed to appease the libs, and I hate that.

Reactions: surge and Debi
.................harriet?????.....................beat out Roosevelt.................the fix is in.......

And remember, we gave Susan B. Anthony her own dollar, and people hated it. Never mind that you could hardly tell it from a quarter without looking at it...

Reactions: Debi