Lab grown meat in the grocery this year

Reminds me of what the old school movie Bladerunner portrays. Everything in the future is either grown or fake. There was a scene in the movie or was it the game? I think it was the game. The blade runner said "i remember when we use to have real eggs" Crazy. how the old school 80's cyber punks of our time predicted this would happen in the future.
our future is created by todays "pop culture". the ideas and thoughts put forth in todays graphic novels and sci fi will be what ppl aim towards for building the future..... that's the problem with the violent and gloomy side of todays idealisms of what is "cool"....

I wonder if they could engineer chicken that tastes like beef, or fish,or duck,rabbit,etc..... then we would only need one meat source.....instead of everything tasteing like chicken we could have chicken that tastes like everything else....lmao
of course they would have to be sterile and not able to breed though......lol

Reactions: Mokey
I tried to explain this fake meat thing to my 13 year old.

she was stuck on what I was stuck on last night. And sat there with a confused look on her face and kept saying why would they do that over and over...
Why don't they just eat the fish that make the fish?

Girl I still don't know.

Currently, a pound of lab-grown meat produced by the company Memphis Meats costs approximately 2400 dollars to make. Not gonna happen

Reactions: Mokey and ozentity
I think we're becoming those weird people no one wants to invite to their homes on holidays.. everyone
has evidence against us too!
Don't worry you can come over to share crackling.Yeah right.

Currently, a pound of lab-grown meat produced by the company Memphis Meats costs approximately 2400 dollars to make. Not gonna happen
Almost as dear as Wagyu steak lol.

Don't worry you can come over to share crackling.Yeah right.
I'm out living on the curb after purposely deciding to be that one person in a family no one wants around. That is where I ended up. Of course I'll come eat fried pig skin!!

I don't care if you're only feeling sorry for me and want me there to watch you eat your precious fried pig skin.

But just remember you were the one who started me on this road to homelessness and starvation. Can I at least get a fried egg or a slice of cheese please?

Reactions: ozentity
I'm out living on the curb after purposely deciding to be that one person in a family no one wants around. That is where I ended up. Of course I'll come eat fried pig skin!!

I don't care if you're only feeling sorry for me and want me there to watch you eat your precious fried pig skin.

But just remember you were the one who started me on this road to homelessness and starvation. Can I at least get a fried egg or a slice of cheese please?
You can come over and I've got plenty of free range eggs from my hens and might be able to scrape up a slice of cheese but sorry the crackling's all mine.