Lab grown, 3-D printed steak

My first reaction was no way!! But I have thought about it and with the growing population and some horrible situations for livestock in the city, we may have to accept alternatives. This sounds like cloned meat,!so it is at least real and not a chemically created plastic imitation. I might try it.

Reactions: ozentity
Soooo, if this actually takes hold, what will happen to real cows????? If there is no demand for them, why would ranchers continue to raise them, so in the long run ( 100 or so years ) is it really cruelty free if it means the extinction of a species...or is there a place of wild cows somewhere..,lol.... I know, thinking way to much into this..... But nah, I want the real thing

No.
Nada.
Nein.
No way.
No way Jose'.
Blinky_caught.jpg

At least it is cells from a cow, it sounds better than that human cell meat that was being talked about but I'll give it a miss.

Soooo, if this actually takes hold, what will happen to real cows????? If there is no demand for them, why would ranchers continue to raise them, so in the long run ( 100 or so years ) is it really cruelty free if it means the extinction of a species...or is there a place of wild cows somewhere..,lol.... I know, thinking way to much into this..... But nah, I want the real thing
Good point!! Perhaps we can have both. I’d rather have the real thing too.

Reactions: Paulm
IMO there will be some freakish condition that will come out of eating lab grown meat , Maybe its something that is being pursued to be used with space exploration and the fact you dont need bessie the cow on your ship. Kind of like an advanced Noahs ark .

IMO there will be some freakish condition that will come out of eating lab grown meat , Maybe its something that is being pursued to be used with space exploration and the fact you dont need bessie the cow on your ship. Kind of like an advanced Noahs ark .
Considering we already have health problems from eating real meat, I can’t imagine what this could bring.

Reactions: ozentity and Paulm