Isabella S

Reaction score
I have had several paranormal encounters in my house. None of them seemed to be alarming. I’ve had tight hands on my shoulders. I’ve seen a big floating head with no face. There’s creaking as if someone is walking around the house. I’ve seen shadows at the end of the hallway in my house. None of these have frightened me..

About two years ago, I had a few friends sleep over my house. They decided to crash on the couches while I went to sleep in my own bed. The next morning, I walk into the living room and they’re complaining how they kept waking up in the middle of the night because there was knocking on the back door. (My back door is glass so you can see directly into the back yard). They would ignore it and go back to bed. They kept saying the knocking would stop and that eventually lights were shining in through the door and some of the windows.. as if someone had a flashlight. They ended up not getting a lot of sleep and they were pretty terrified.

A year later, I had two different people sleep over. They said the EXACT thing happened to them. Take note that I did not tell them about the knocking and the lights before they said something about it. They also have no connection to the people who complained about it before.

My house was just built(2005) when my family bought it. Before it was built, it was all woods. Has anyone had these experiences? Is this good or bad? My friends are pretty freaked out.

Hi Isabella and welcome to the forum. Your description of activity and newness of the house indicates it's possible you have activity on the land itself. Many times you can find the local history of your location from your local historical society. I would check and see if the land had any battles, history of deaths, or is possible Native American land.

If none of this is frightening to you and doesn't impact you in a negative manner, then I wouldn't be overly anxious to do cleansing of it until you get that history to see what is possibly the cause. I have a list of things that we recommend doing in the case of hauntings, and in that thread is how to "ward" property to keep activity down to a dull roar You might give it a try.

There are known entities out there called elementals, and some of the outside things you describe such as knocks and lights may be associated with those.The inside activity may actually be of either a residual spirit or could be anything from shadow people to an active alert spirit. My senses tell me to get that history, and remember it could be a combination of things happening there. Don't know your location, but some areas are known to have some truly haunted ground.

PNF Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems

Reactions: ParanormalMom
I agree with Debi, yes alot of times hauntings are associated with old homes, but not always new houses also. Most of the time ut is the land that is haunted, many battles many structures are built in one spot. Unfortunately the energy stays on the land. I agree with Debi do some research on the land, alot of ppl are shocked the history of were there home/business was built on. And most of the time that energy goes into what is built.
Welcome to the forum you will like it here!

Welcome to the forum. Debi has a good read in the above suggested link, she covers it pretty well.

One other question, anyone in the home using a Oujia Board? Having seances? This will bring this type of activity too.