Knives and Multi-function Pocket Tools

One place I often look for knives is called Massdrop. Massdrop is a platform to do bulk and/or specialty buys. They get a product listed, hopefully at a good price, and customers buy in, in order to get a group price. I say hopefully good price, as you still need to do your due diligence and shop around. Sometimes with discounts and sales, you can get as good a price or perhaps a little cheaper even. However, if you don't want to shop around, you can usually expect that it will be a good price. Some include shipping, some don't. Some have a tiered pricing structure, where the more people that buy-in, the lower the price.

Massdrop also does collaborations which you can't get anywhere else. For example, they went to Boker Knives and came up with a gentlemen's knife that was unique for Massdrop with regard to colors and blade material. Often they will also be numbered special editions. They have several shopping categories, like knives, watches, writing, everyday carry, etc. There is no membership fee, you just sign up as with any website. Once in, you can have emails sent to you from whichever categories interest you. They're not all home runs, but they do put some pretty good buys together. I have many purchases through Massdrop and they have been a great company to work with and they have very good customer service.

Here is the current listing of knives:

Massdrop: Community-Driven Commerce

Reactions: 7Critter and Paulm
One place I often look for knives is called Massdrop. Massdrop is a platform to do bulk and/or specialty buys. They get a product listed, hopefully at a good price, and customers buy in, in order to get a group price. I say hopefully good price, as you still need to do your due diligence and shop around. Sometimes with discounts and sales, you can get as good a price or perhaps a little cheaper even. However, if you don't want to shop around, you can usually expect that it will be a good price. Some include shipping, some don't. Some have a tiered pricing structure, where the more people that buy-in, the lower the price.

Massdrop also does collaborations which you can't get anywhere else. For example, they went to Boker Knives and came up with a gentlemen's knife that was unique for Massdrop with regard to colors and blade material. Often they will also be numbered special editions. They have several shopping categories, like knives, watches, writing, everyday carry, etc. There is no membership fee, you just sign up as with any website. Once in, you can have emails sent to you from whichever categories interest you. They're not all home runs, but they do put some pretty good buys together. I have many purchases through Massdrop and they have been a great company to work with and they have very good customer service.

Here is the current listing of knives:

Massdrop: Community-Driven Commerce

massdrop is great

Reactions: Seahunter
Have you guys seen the leather man tread?
748BB26E-5132-4CDE-BAB3-5014D1D46AD4.jpeg
You can buy $50-80 knockoffs now. Would you guys have this bracelet as an EDC?

View attachment 14106
I think they're cool, but a bit too much for me to actually wear one. They actually made a watch component for the Leatherman too! This makes it even more functional!

It's the Leatherman Tread Tempo, and I might wear this one:

Tread_Tempo_Black_Right%20Side.png

Reactions: Charleh
I think they're cool, but a bit too much for me to actually wear one. They actually made a watch component for the Leatherman too! This makes it even more functional!

It's the Leatherman Tread Tempo, and I might wear this one:

Tread_Tempo_Black_Right%20Side.png

better!

View attachment 14106
No, I would not wear it, and while I do have a couple leather man tools and have used them, I don't think this would actually be heavy duty or sturdy enough to actually be of any real use. Haven't really seen anything yet that can replace " real" tools.

Haven't really seen anything yet that can replace " real" tools.
Good point. While Leatherman-type tools are great in an emergency, nothing replaces the proper tool for the job. Multi-tools are always a compromise on something being that they are trying to make the tools compact and with many tool options. There's always a trade off for wanting portability.

Reactions: Paulm