Knives and Multi-function Pocket Tools

I used to carry the Gerber epic. I think it was my favourite knife. I would buy the glass bottled cokes just to use the bottle opener! I really regret selling it because I bought it at a steep discount at a camping store. View attachment 13804

Also I’m a huge fan of the leatherman! My dad gave me one when I was a teenager and just my luck, i lost the damn thing after 2 years. But wasn’t a huge huge fan because I’m a south paw and I like being able to open single handed
that's a nice knife....gerber still makes a few good knives., ive got one that's been through a lot with me, and has proved its usefulness in some pretty harsh conditions.

that's a nice knife....gerber still makes a few good knives., ive got one that's been through a lot with me, and has proved its usefulness in some pretty harsh conditions.
Unfortunately all the good brands are sourcing out their cheaper knives. Kershaw, Gerber, you name it. You have to spend more to get the made in USA models, but well worth it in most cases. Although to be fair, China has been getting better and producing decent knives when the parent company is strict enough on quality control.

Reactions: Paulm
One of the most important pieces of EDC, is some form of knife or multi-tool. Some carry them for work, but a lot of people now carry them for personal use and "just in case" scenarios. What type of tools are you carrying?

Ka-bar 1258 and 1259
ka-bar-short-kraton-fighting-utility-knife_large.jpg

Leatherman Wave
s-l300.jpg

love the wave.got one and of course gotta have a ka-bar

Reactions: Paulm
One of the most important pieces of EDC, is some form of knife or multi-tool. Some carry them for work, but a lot of people now carry them for personal use and "just in case" scenarios. What type of tools are you carrying?

Ka-bar 1258 and 1259
ka-bar-short-kraton-fighting-utility-knife_large.jpg

Leatherman Wave
s-l300.jpg

but those suckers are heavy/bulky..for a purse...

I'm pretty sure I'm gunna need a batman belt for all my stuff
It will do so much for your image as a manager, Jad. :D I'm pretty sure it will stop most of your problems there.

but those suckers are heavy/bulky..for a purse...
Good point. That is one important thing to consider if you decide upon a EDC lifestyle, especially EDG of a gun. First - it is a lifestyle. It is not just something you do once in a while, when you feel like it, it is a commitment. Secondly - especially with a gun, is it is most likely NOT going to be comfortable. That's right, it is probably going to be an inconvenience - to you, with your clothes, with your holsters, etc. EDC will always force you to decide what you're carrying and what clothes you will have to wear to help conceal it. In your case, it will also help you determine if you want to carry an EDC bag. Perhaps you will only want to carry your gun in your purse*, and the rest of your EDC in a dedicated EDC bag. Sure, an extra bag is a pain, but again, this is a choice you are making to be prepared.

Part of the fun then becomes picking out your EDC. If you're trying to keep it small, there are lots of options today for EDC. For example, you might consider products that Swiss+Tech Products - Multi-Purpose Key Ring Tools carry. They have all sizes of multi-tools from micro tools, to small multi-tools, to large multi-tools. Once you think about how you may use a certain tool, then you can go about looking for a small version of a tool that will get the job done.

Some of their various sizes of tools:

Microtools Swiss+Tech Products - Multi-Purpose Key Ring Tools
Small multi-tools Swiss+Tech Products - Multi-Purpose Key Ring Tools
Large Multi-tools Swiss+Tech Products - Multi-Purpose Key Ring Tools

And that is just part of their catalog.

* Carrying your weapon off-body has its own limitations and dangers. Be sure to fully research off-body carry.

I'm pretty sure I'm gunna need a batman belt for all my stuff
Depending on what your goals are, one of the most important tools in your EDC arsenal is a good belt! EDC'ing is all about choices and sacrifices. If you choose to be prepared, are you willing to be inconvenienced, because you will be? It will affect your oomfort, your clothing selection - everything. At the core of EDC is the belt, which for most people will support their gun. It may also support their knife, flashlight, extra ammo, etc. Some will choose to not tuck in their shirt in order to cover their weapon - bye bye fashion statement! It all makes you think.

Good point. That is one important thing to consider if you decide upon a EDC lifestyle, especially EDG of a gun. First - it is a lifestyle. It is not just something you do once in a while, when you feel like it, it is a commitment. Secondly - especially with a gun, is it is most likely NOT going to be comfortable. That's right, it is probably going to be an inconvenience - to you, with your clothes, with your holsters, etc. EDC will always force you to decide what you're carrying and what clothes you will have to wear to help conceal it. In your case, it will also help you determine if you want to carry an EDC bag. Perhaps you will only want to carry your gun in your purse*, and the rest of your EDC in a dedicated EDC bag. Sure, an extra bag is a pain, but again, this is a choice you are making to be prepared.

Part of the fun then becomes picking out your EDC. If you're trying to keep it small, there are lots of options today for EDC. For example, you might consider products that Swiss+Tech Products - Multi-Purpose Key Ring Tools carry. They have all sizes of multi-tools from micro tools, to small multi-tools, to large multi-tools. Once you think about how you may use a certain tool, then you can go about looking for a small version of a tool that will get the job done.

Some of their various sizes of tools:

Microtools Swiss+Tech Products - Multi-Purpose Key Ring Tools
Small multi-tools Swiss+Tech Products - Multi-Purpose Key Ring Tools
Large Multi-tools Swiss+Tech Products - Multi-Purpose Key Ring Tools

And that is just part of their catalog.

* Carrying your weapon off-body has its own limitations and dangers. Be sure to fully research off-body carry.
I have tried to carry iphone adapters produced for key ring and they get all bent up since my keys are so heavy.wish they made a sturdier model for those times you need to charge a phone