Knives and Multi-function Pocket Tools

Discussion in 'Every Day Carry / Preppers' started by Seahunter, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Seahunter

Seahunter
    Expand Collapse
    AKA "Roy"

One of the most important pieces of EDC, is some form of knife or multi-tool. Some carry them for work, but a lot of people now carry them for personal use and "just in case" scenarios. What type of tools are you carrying?

Ka-bar 1258 and 1259
    [​IMG]

Leatherman Wave
    [​IMG]

#1 Seahunter, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Paulm likes this.
  2. Duke

Duke
    Expand Collapse

For years I've carried this little key gadget on my keyring, along with a very small Swiss Army pen knife. I can't say I've used it extensively, but have on occasion.

Paintman, Paulm and Seahunter like this.
  3. Seahunter

Seahunter
    Expand Collapse
    AKA "Roy"

Perfect piece of gear - so small you hardly know you've got it until you need it! I actually have some Swiss+Tech tools myself and they have a huge selection of pocket tools in a variety of sizes.

Swiss+Tech Products - Multi-Purpose Key Ring Tools

4. Paulm

Paulm
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

I have many fixed blade knives for different situations / tasks...some of my favorites are ka-bar and cold steel.....these are a few models of what I currently have.

csgitanto.jpg

csgitanto.jpg cspiecemaker.png cssurvivaledge.jpg csmachete.jpg kabar.jpg

that machete is a beast, and my favorite out of all the machetes I have.....as far as folders, I have way too many to post...lol all different brands from cheap frost cutlery to some that I should be ashamed for what I paid for them...lol... anytime I start looking at knives my wife gets worried.
    bout the same with multi tools also....a few leatherman tools and many off brands for tackle box / truck use.

Paintman, jadamz and Seahunter like this.
  5. Seahunter

Seahunter
    Expand Collapse
    AKA "Roy"

Nice fixed blades there. And you know the old saying... Let's just hope when I die, that my wife doesn't sell them for what I told her I paid for them! :p:eek:

Paintman and Lynne like this.
  6. Charleh

Charleh
    Expand Collapse
    Please insert coffee
    Tier-1 Mod

I bought one of those for a bottle opener haul/review and holy butter smother I hate this thing. It’s got a razor sharp half serrated blade which is kinda nice, but this is not the kinda tool I’d want to carry with a razor sharp blade. Cut myself quite a few times on it. It’s not safe at all IMO.

7. Charleh

Charleh
    Expand Collapse
    Please insert coffee
    Tier-1 Mod

I used to carry the Gerber epic. I think it was my favourite knife. I would buy the glass bottled cokes just to use the bottle opener! I really regret selling it because I bought it at a steep discount at a camping store. BB645872-002B-413D-B43C-E58E214DA597.jpeg

Also I’m a huge fan of the leatherman! My dad gave me one when I was a teenager and just my luck, i lost the damn thing after 2 years. But wasn’t a huge huge fan because I’m a south paw and I like being able to open single handed

Paintman and Paulm like this.
  8. Charleh

Charleh
    Expand Collapse
    Please insert coffee
    Tier-1 Mod

I owned a camillus carnivore X once. Best chopper I’ve ever seen. You can split cinder blocks without nicking the blade. They used to be 35$ in Canada but now the cheapest are $50.

I used to do everything with that. Minor tree trimming, fishing, flipping burgers on a fire pit, it was a good knife. Also you see that gut hook on the back? It’s advertised as a wire cutter because the steel is so tough. CD31125D-5A63-4489-A335-1D8B58D6E0D6.jpeg

Seahunter, jadamz and Paulm like this.
  9. Charleh

Charleh
    Expand Collapse
    Please insert coffee
    Tier-1 Mod

I must admit cold steel makes great machetes. You get a real nice look after scrubbing the crap out of that baked on black coating.

Paulm likes this.
  10. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Truth seeker
    Tier-1 Mod

I couldn’t resist :D D59C03E8-D41D-4897-B656-0B77990E18C7.png

Seahunter and 7Christie like this.