Kitchen Klutzes of America Day

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I just saw June 13 is National Kitchen Klutzes of America Day....had no idea they celebrated! lol (I bet they order pizza to celebrate!)

So, how are YOU in a kitchen? Can you cook? Bake? Know the difference between a toaster oven and a microwave? Do you burn water? Does your significant other ask you to leave the area before you hurt yourself? Do your children ask "Who's cooking" and make plans to eat out if you say it's you?

How about the Klutz part? Can you peel your thumb with the potato peeler? Do knives attack you when you aren't looking? Do pans jump off the stove and land at your feet? Ever blown up a blender?

Tell me how talented you are in a kitchen!

resized_Klutz.jpg

I have learned enough from observing others to perform the basics of frying and baking and food preparation to keep myself from going hungry. I use a combination for packaged food and fresh ingredients to make food tasty. Others even eat my meals. Ha ! Usually the Mrs. is in the kitchen ( 75%) or me (25%) but not both at the same time since we have different kitchen practices. When it comes to clean up, the percentages are flipped.

I understand from reading that should you break a plate or glass or drop something in the kitchen, your klutzy action will be forgiven, after all today was named after you. How many broken items before you are kicked out of the kitchen ?

Since I'm the main cook and function pretty well in the space, this is what I leave for the guys when I'm gone...

menu-youre-on-your-own.jpg