Kitchen disasters

Lone Wolf

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I'm not making fun of anyone with the exploding eggs story because that could happen to anyone, but I got a good laugh out of that. But this is also coming from a guy that panicked when the oven caught fire - which is normal for self cleaning ovens and frantically tried to open the door thinking the worst was about to happen. :p

OP
Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I'm not making fun of anyone with the exploding eggs story because that could happen to anyone, but I got a good laugh out of that. But this is also coming from a guy that panicked when the oven caught fire - which is normal for self cleaning ovens and frantically tried to open the door thinking the worst was about to happen. :p
They auto lock to keep you from doing that! lol

Lone Wolf

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
They auto lock to keep you from doing that! lol
I was younger and didn't know at the time but I had gotten desperate and had my brother call our mom. He calmly relayed the message and she told him that could happen and not to panic, which is exactly what I was doing. Next go around, I didn't panic.

OP
Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
OK, speaking of eggs, ever drop a whole carton on the floor? I have. Twice! And when I raised chickens and sold eggs, I once dropped a basket of 20. Eggs are truly a disaster to clean up! (The dogs swooped in to "help"!)

135533131_1094409620972368_8191496418052547785_n.jpg

Paintman

Go Go White Sox
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
I usually make a pot of coffee in the morning and throughout the day have three or four cups. Of course I always have to heat a cup up in the microwave and forget about it. Pour a new one. Go to heat it up and find the old one I forgot.

Lynne

Art Bell fan
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Lone, I now hang a visible trigger object on the handle of anything where I’ve temporarily stored food. For example, I have a pair of wood tongs that I slip into the handle of the microwave if I stash food there.

Because I’m fearful I might leave something out like you did, I put a trigger object on the post of our stairwell so that if I walk away from the kitchen - like planning to go to bed - I will be reminded to deal with the kitchen first. Typically I just drape one of our kitchen tea towels over the stair post.
Brilliant!!!!!!

Lynne

Art Bell fan
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
i did the same thing but with a dozen eggs and a microwave, actually blew the door off and eggs 40 foot across the room....and a look of fear on a dining area full of customers.
Wow I’d have paid to see that explosion

• Haha
Reactions: Benway and Paulm