Wow ! Thanks for the warning, I did not know this. I mean maybe a jar cracking but a bomb!! Wow, I will be more careful from now on.This one didn't require cooking but it was a kitchen disaster! We had received a gallon GLASS jug of apple cider from someone. Well, it sat in the fridge, somebody drank one glass of it at some point, then sat there some more. I kept thinking, darn, I need to throw that out. And, as happens with small kids and working, it just didn't happen. One day as we sat eating dinner, the fridge door blew open and glass was flying all over as a small explosion happened in the fridge! Blew that door half off the fridge and glass was embedded in the walls. Luckily, we were in the dining room and shielded, but wow! Fermenting created a cider bomb.
Lone, I now hang a visible trigger object on the handle of anything where I’ve temporarily stored food. For example, I have a pair of wood tongs that I slip into the handle of the microwave if I stash food there.Definitely. Luckily, I’ve only done it once so far. But I’m sure it will happen again at some point.
I should do something like that. I just make a mental note so that I won’t do what I did again. Once it cools off, into the fridge it goes.Lone, I now hang a visible trigger object on the handle of anything where I’ve temporarily stored food. For example, I have a pair of wood tongs that I slip into the handle of the microwave if I stash food there.
Because I’m fearful I might leave something out like you did, I put a trigger object on the post of our stairwell so that if I walk away from the kitchen - like planning to go to bed - I will be reminded to deal with the kitchen first. Typically I just drape one of our kitchen tea towels over the stair post.
i did the same thing but with a dozen eggs and a microwave, actually blew the door off and eggs 40 foot across the room....and a look of fear on a dining area full of customers.My great egg explosion story! I put on a dozen eggs to boil. Forgot them. Pan ran dry. Did you know eggs explode? Oh, and the pan....we won't talk about that. lol